what clubbie bull on angus cows

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cowgurl101

I need some advice on what bull to use on mid/large framed angus cows needing more top and quarter as well as a little better front. They had who made who calves this year that look good so far. i am just starting to breed for show calves, and want a clean bull so i can breed and show the heifers, as well as something that sires good steers. while a black calf would be fine, any suggestions on bulls to add color would be great. Thanks!!

red

Cowgurl- any preference on breed? You want to downsize if I'm correct? I like Money Man to downsize some. He's clean.

Red

shortyjock89

Sounds like you're doing pretty good so far.  WMW is a really good way to get started in clubbies.  If there were any heifer calves in that group that are pretty good, seriously consider keeping them back for cows.  

As far as adding color, I think there are a few different bulls that you could use.  

PB Shorthorns- Jake's Proud Jazz (make's em thick, sound, and hairy)

CLB Notorious (white, lots of hair, makes really nice heifers)

AF SL Sin City (another white bull, has an excellent pedigree)

Dusty

You can't really go wrong with HW if you want good stout calves.  If you don't want carriers i guess you could test the heifers you want to keep.

OhShOwEr

We have had pretty good luck using Doctor Who on angus cows...and he has a clean pedigree  :D

OH Breeder

Dream On
3 C Macho- more moderate
already using who made who that is good
THC - Sunseeker but makes nice calves
Sin City
They say the Shockwave calves are really good. Heat wave x wag harietta thf and phf. I haven't seen any yet

Cowgurl101

red said:
Cowgurl- any preference on breed? You want to downsize if I'm correct? I like Money Man to downsize some. He's clean.

Red
Well, im leaning toward a shorthorn or smoky/white bull to add color. a little downsizing might be good

Chap

I would try Alias on the cow types you are talking about.  The word is to use him on "just cows"  and not to use him on anything with alot of power or structure issues as he can take them over the edge.  I believe him to be a changer, much like WMW. 

red

If you look at Gigolo Joe's ads he's worked well on a wide variety of cows.

As far a WMW on heifers' I'd be personally very cautious.

Red

RSC

Cowgurl101 said:
I need some advice on what bull to use on mid/large framed angus cows needing more top and quarter as well as a little better front. They had who made who calves this year that look good so far. i am just starting to breed for show calves, and want a clean bull so i can breed and show the heifers, as well as something that sires good steers. while a black calf would be fine, any suggestions on bulls to add color would be great. Thanks!!
A bull that we are very pleased with this year on Angus cows like you describe is Carneyman.  Most have heard that he will give you very nice heifers but the bull calves have been a very pleasent surprise to us.  We have them right along with some Macho bull calves, if your shooting for showsteers, the Carneyman bulls are clear in front of the Macho bullcalves. Moderate, good fronts, very good bone, stylish and Yes there is some color.

RSC