what cow would you own?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

If money was no object & the cow was still alive if dead, what female would you own?

For me it would be Wags Harriet. I just can't believe the number of great bulls & heifers she's produced.

Red

Eberth

Red already took mine but also would have liked to own dazzlers fancy dancer the 1st great Maine cow of mark muellers. She is in the pedigre somewhere in almost all of the good maines today.

red

Eberth said:
Red already took mine but also would have liked to own dazzlers fancy dancer the 1st great Maine cow of mark muellers. She is in the pedigre somewhere in almost all of the good maines today.

we can share her!!!!  ;D

Red

knabe

ovale, maybe jumelle

probably jumelle because she is probably the link breaker between muscle and maternal.  if she's not, ovale is.

CJB

I'm not an Angus guy, but I have to appreciate this old girl.  Would have loved to have flushed her to Meyer 734.....

SVF Forever Lady 57D

ShowmanQ

DZ FOOL, maybe Malinda can hook me up with a baby down the road. ;)

Cattledog

CJB said:
I'm not an Angus guy, but I have to appreciate this old girl.  Would have loved to have flushed her to Meyer 734.....

SVF Forever Lady 57D

I have three cows that go back to her on the bottom side and they are wonderful!  Always wean big calves with a ton of style!  Never have a problem getting them sold! ;D

showman ne

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Ka'Ba Rose T 90

i considered her but i think that her daughters offer more versatility. i know th is a concern but i'd have to take mirage 544

GLZ

Ebony Antoinette

Put me down for Ebony Antoinette.  The list of cattle she has been responsible for is pretty much a who's who in the Simmental Breed.  I also throw in an honorable mention to Hart Hollywood Queen

justme

WAG Hairetta....and I already bought my dream cow  Majors Ms Hustler 249....what a cow and I already have 2 of her daughters.  Her daughter is the mother of Mucho Dinero. 

clubcalve

I agree with simatal that Primose 2424 cow always had a good calf and there still going for big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cattledog

knabe said:
Cattledog said:
simtal said:
primrose 2424, 15 years ago.

They have actually been selling clones of her. 

i posted a link to that catalog a while ago on this site.  haven't followed that.  good observation.

I think the lowest seller went for 36000.  The other one sold for like 60000.  How much more valuable have her genetics become with her not having any CCS bloodlines?  I'm willing to bet a bunch!

Davis Shorthorns

TM Kilmilhill L90, TM Dazzler 54P and my Donor TM kilmilhill 64P and K-Kim's Kilmilhill donor's mom.  She is a cow that I think would have turned some heads but she died at only 3 or 4 years old. 

JCC

Money being no object I would have to go back and purchase Dixie Erica of C H 1019. My wife however would rather have her daughter OCC Dixie Erica 816B. If you look at the versatility of those two females and what they have done for programs such as OCC...Duff....Griswold...etc. it is pretty tough to argue against either female.

Latest posts