what cow would you own?

Help Support Steer Planet:

oakview

Rose T90 would probably be my pick, though  I have a Trump X Dazzle Fool 8105 son and completely understand why his full sisters are so popular.

RSC

JCC said:
Money being no object I would have to go back and purchase Dixie Erica of C H 1019. My wife however would rather have her daughter OCC Dixie Erica 816B. If you look at the versatility of those two females and what they have done for programs such as OCC...Duff....Griswold...etc. it is pretty tough to argue against either female.
  1019 would be a favorite of mine.  Aunt B,  Harrietta and Tripple B's  Belle cow are a few others.

RSC

justintime

There are several that come to mind. One of the first I think of is Tonquish Rodeo Lady. She is now gone but she was a cow that could be popular in any era. She had beautiful muscle pattern, a flawless udder along with feminity, style and balance. It was hard to find a fault. I saw her 5 or 6 times in her life, and each time she looked the same.

Of the cows I have owned, I am going to nominate New Beginning's Elsie's Jade. Many of you may not have heard of her, so I have attached a picture of her as a 3 year old. She has been one of our most popular donors and we simply cannot produce enough embryos from her. Right now, I have breeders in 3 countries with standing orders for embryos. Jade is medium frame but built like a tank. I refer to her as a Kenworth on a Volkswagen frame. Elsies jade is niow 8 years old, and is now going to be rebred for a natural calf after 12 months of flushing. We haven't begun to fill the orders we have for embryos from her, but she needs to have a rest and have a baby again.

Attachments

• New Beginnings Elsie's Jade- 2004sm.jpg
    New Beginnings Elsie's Jade- 2004sm.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 498

RSC

justintime said:
There are several that come to mind. One of the first I think of is Tonquish Rodeo Lady. She is now gone but she was a cow that could be popular in any era. She had beautiful muscle pattern, a flawless udder along with feminity, style and balance. It was hard to find a fault. I saw her 5 or 6 times in her life, and each time she looked the same.

Of the cows I have owned, I am going to nominate New Beginning's Elsie's Jade. Many of you may not have heard of her, so I have attached a picture of her as a 3 year old. She has been one of our most popular donors and we simply cannot produce enough embryos from her. Right now, I have breeders in 3 countries with standing orders for embryos. Jade is medium frame but built like a tank. I refer to her as a Kenworth on a Volkswagen frame. Elsies jade is niow 8 years old, and is now going to be rebred for a natural calf after 12 months of flushing. We haven't begun to fill the orders we have for embryos from her, but she needs to have a rest and have a baby again.
Haven't ever dealt in Horns much but Boy I like her!!

RSC

harley

I'd take Cookie and I don't care for limousins much!

Attachments

• COOKIE.jpg
    COOKIE.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 404

DiamondS

A lot of you won't know her, she's a Hereford, but Remitall Catalina 24H.  Beautiful  Cow!

kane1598

WAG Hairietta, Miss America , Miss USA, Black Jade, FJH Countess (Ali's Mom), and Hannah Montana from Matt Lautner

showsteerdlux

Hannah Montana is only a heifer isn't she? Just wonderin as I think she is bred for her 1st calf. If we're looking at heifers to, I'd like Charlene N Charge that Lautners/Wilsons are selling. Now talk about a female I think this heifer is it.

vet tech

I would go with Hairietta as well. or Chill 602 from  suliivans.

AAOK

I would want in my herd MA #179566  BMR MAGIC KAYLA .  We bought this cow as a show heifer in 1993.  She was a very good show heifer, but an exceptional cow.  She mysteriously dropped dead in July of 2002.  With the amount of jet black, incredibly thick hair she carried year round, I expect she died of a heat stroke.  Her calves were great, and turned into equally great cows and bulls. I never had the opportunity to flush her.