What did I buy?

Help Support Steer Planet:

dori36

Well, I just sold my heavy duty 3/4 ton GMC with a Duramax Diesel engine.  I sold my stock trailer so don't really need the truck any more.  However, I still live "in the middle of nowhere" so what do you think I replaced it with?

BCCC

well you could get a dodge 2500, which do great on fuel, and would be 4x4 or you could get a durango, or a 1/2 4x4 pickup

dori36

BCCC said:
well you could get a dodge 2500, which do great on fuel, and would be 4x4 or you could get a durango, or a 1/2 4x4 pickup

Well, since I don't need a truck any more, the 2500 is out.  I already bought the replacement so the quest ion is what 'did' I buy?
And another clue as to brand is that I grew up (about 100 yrs ago) in Flint, Michigan.

xxcc

Buddy Cobb (Charolais breeder) here in Montana used to drive Checker Cabs everywhere.  He said they were as tough as an A1 Abrams tank.

knabe

don't buy a hybrid.  the cost of ownership is higher than the same car conventionally powered, and longer term, repairs are more expensive.  to replace my battery in my civic, it cost me $4700 bucks.

shoot for the gas mileage you want and see what vehicles fall into that category.  if you live on dirt roads, one that has short overhangs, can handle ruts, is a must.

simplicity in gadgets is a plus too.  don't get something with onstar or any other integrated anything as servicing that vehicle after say 5 years will require you go to the dealer to fix those mysterious "computer" problems.

kimbaljd

knabe said:
don't buy a hybrid.  the cost of ownership is higher than the same car conventionally powered, and longer term, repairs are more expensive.  to replace my battery in my civic, it cost me $4700 bucks.

shoot for the gas mileage you want and see what vehicles fall into that category.  if you live on dirt roads, one that has short overhangs, can handle ruts, is a must.

simplicity in gadgets is a plus too.  don't get something with onstar or any other integrated anything as servicing that vehicle after say 5 years will require you go to the dealer to fix those mysterious "computer" problems.

If I am not mistaken, they have already bought something and are wanting someone to guess what it is. They said it was GM and is an SUV. I am going to guess Equinox.

dori36

Jason said:

Oh, you're so close, Jason!  Ok, you've all been good sports about this so I'll tell you:  it's long sided, thick topped, powerfully made, wide stance, red hided ......GMC Yukon Denali. And here it is!  And, Knabe, it's too late for the gadgeyt concerns.  Standard equipment in the Denali include such craziness as rain sensing wipers, heated steering wheel, gps navigation system, cameras on back so you can see what you're running over, and on and on!  What fun!  I leased it - wouldn't begin to want to ever have to pay for the beast!  With my son-in-law being a GM employee, I was able to afford it.  Heck, it's nicer than my house!  If times get tough (and here in Michigan that 'could' happen!), I'll just live in the thing!!

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 231

knabe

i see you already have mudballs on it!  maybe you can tell us how to get them off! ;D
i'm thinking a lease might be a good deal, especially if it's 3 years or less.