what do we need

Help Support Steer Planet:

ham

My son will be showing his steer next week- what hair products do we need?  We are new to this.  He has been washing his calf several times a week, but this is a slick show and I was wondering if there are some things we need to have on hand for show day.  Thanks for any help.

savaged

I've never fit a slick calf but I would assume that a good clean calf (Ez All, or a bluing shampoo for white hair) and then a light coat of Final Bloom for shine would be in order.

TexasHeat

I would defiantly be spraying Revive on him daily before the show.  If you have not slick sheered him yet, do ASAP to condition his hair and skin.

SlickTxMaine

We just had our slick show 2 wks. ago.....It was my son's first year of showing, and I bought tons of adhesives, Zoom Bloom, final bloom etc.  Used none of it!  We clipped him a week before, put Mane and Tail conditioner on him every other day, wet him, apply conditioner, leave on for 30 minutes and then rinsed.  The day of the show we washed with Mane & tail, applied conditioner, left on for a while, and then rinsed.  Our breeder told us not to apply the FInal bloom because when the Judge touches the animal, they don't like to have their hand all greasy.  We did spray some final bloom on a damp towel and wiped him along his poll and neck where he had a couple of dry spots.  Hope this helps and good luck!