what do you all think ?

Help Support Steer Planet:

eisses456

this is a Angus heifer i showed this year and did OK with  i no the pictures arnt the best but i wondered what every one thought and if  any had advice on what  bull to breed her to right now she is due the 1 of January to gambles hot rod
thanks in advance

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 147
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 139
  • e4.jpg
    e4.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 130

OH Breeder

She profiles well. Looks like she has some top. Might need some grow in her but as you said this was an older photo. I am not an angus person but Gambles Hot Rod semens to be right on the money. What is your goal with the second calf? Are you shooting for purebred calf or clubby? Looks like she might need a trim on the hoof a bit as well.

Telos

It's nice to see those big footed heifers. Looks like a really good cow prospect. I'm not familiar with Angus genetics as some on here. One of my friends is using some of those Sinclair bulls AI along with other older lines.

eisses456

well my goal is to bred her and get a calf that can be a steer cow i was thinking of breding her to a shorthorn bull like sin city or major Leroy but what are your thoughts ?

mainegirl

I'm not too knowledgable about the angus breed. But she looks like she'll make a good cow. Gambles Hot Rod was a good choice for an angus bull. If you'd like to try an angus bull again. Try Gambles Convoy. I showed a steer out of him last year that did an incredible job. I either got Grand or Reserved in all of the angus shows except Eastern Regionals. He was 2nd in his class, right behind the Grand overall. I've saw a Convoy steer this year that looked pretty good too. Hope this helps with your decision!