What do you know about Custom Made AI sire?

Help Support Steer Planet:

5PCC

Is he Registered Hereford, or just Hereford colored? Genetic testing results? Can he be used on heifers? I'm looking for a genetically CLEAN Registered Hereford to AI to some black heifers. Who do you suggest? Custom Made? Some one else?

obie105

For heifers we are using Perfect Timing. He is heifer safe. Custom Made has not froze yet. AMC on here can help with ideas. If you just looking for commercial calves we have used Upstreams 3027 bull. Custom Made is a registered Hereford tho to answer your question.

simba

Below is a picture of BARE MR YOU TUBE 4Y, a bull that I raised. With a smooth build and 78 pound birthweight we have used him on heifers with great success.  His second calf crop is on the ground and it's become clear that You Tube adds style and length to his calves and also cleans up front ends. To see more pictures of him, his dam & progeny check out Barefoot Polled Herefords on facebook. If you have any questions please feel free to message me.

Larissa Lupul

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 383

OH Breeder

5PCC said:
Is he Registered Hereford, or just Hereford colored? Genetic testing results? Can he be used on heifers? I'm looking for a genetically CLEAN Registered Hereford to AI to some black heifers. Who do you suggest? Custom Made? Some one else?

When looking at breeding bulls genetic testing is one thing to look at but you might consider pelvic measurements on your female. If she is composite bred or clubby base it would give you a good idea of size of calf she could carry. It woudln't matter if she is big as a barn and deep as a river if she has a pelvis that delivers a peanut then you best install a zipper. I would look at her shape and what is her dam's history of calving etc. I would evaluate my bull choice on shape as well. They may have low BW but can have shapes that can create issues for females with less than desirable shaped pelvis.

JDman

Your crazy to not go with 719T if the are black heifers and just going to use for commercial cattle. Why wouldn't you want extreme calving ease and to have very little worry about calving problems and heifers that will make great and have good style.