What do you think about this steer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

mandi_a97

Alright, so this is my first time posting on this site and it's also my first time buying a steer. I just want some more opinions on this steer that I've picked out before I close the deal. I've attached 4 pictures (hopefully they work) of the steer that I like, so just tell me if you like him or not and please explain your answer. I know he doesn't have much hair but he won't be in a cool room (he'll be under fans) so it would mostly fall out next summer anyways. I personally think that he's a solid calf with a wide frame, but once again I have never bought a show steer before.
So tell me what you think, thanks!

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 182
  • photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 187
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    372.7 KB · Views: 174
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 167

wjmcattle

In my opinion, he will be ok as a county fair project. Now as far as anything beyond that he needs to be neater fronted and have his neck tie higher into his shoulder. In addition he needs to be be stronger behind his shoulder. It also wouldn't hurt to have him a little squarer hipped. but he appears to be good in terms of feet and legs. If he has a big enough top I'm sure he will be in his class at your county fair.

Dozer45

He looks very sound and will make a great little project. Like Mandi said hes a little coarse for upper level showing but fed right he should grow up to look pretty good for a county project. Enjoy him and learn as much as you can  <cowboy>

Telos

I think he's a pretty nice looking calf, especially with him poised so casually. Once you get his head up and loin him with some added hair to fill in the holes he will look pretty salty.