What do you think? N/C

Help Support Steer Planet:

CAB

Gargan said:
Ohio breeder, its OK that xbar refers to people as rednecks and that they are beneath him? My whole point in ribbing him was to try to show him how he makes people feel on 80% of his posts.  He is constantly demeaning people on this site and im glad I made a few people feel the way he makes me and several other users feel with his smart remarks. So, there u have it Mr almighty moderator.
I understand what you are saying, but if you stop to think about it, all you really ended up doing was stooping down to that level. When I read you're remark my immediate thought was that was similar to or worse than what Phil had said. I also think that when these types of threads come up, it brings to PPL's attention how much prejudice still exists against gay & lesbians. I think PPL can have their thoughts & opinions, but there are ways that a person can express their beliefs and views, hopefully without being rude, mean, or thoughtless towards others feelings. Just so that you realize, I'm sure that there are both gay & lesbian members on this board that are great PPL and great contributors to this forum.

Gargan

CAB said:
Gargan said:
Ohio breeder, its OK that xbar refers to people as rednecks and that they are beneath him? My whole point in ribbing him was to try to show him how he makes people feel on 80% of his posts.  He is constantly demeaning people on this site and im glad I made a few people feel the way he makes me and several other users feel with his smart remarks. So, there u have it Mr almighty moderator.
I understand what you are saying, but if you stop to think about it, all you really ended up doing was stooping down to that level. When I read you're remark my immediate thought was that was similar to or worse than what Phil had said. I also think that when these types of threads come up, it brings to PPL's attention how much prejudice still exists against gay & lesbians. I think PPL can have their thoughts & opinions, but there are ways that a person can express their beliefs and views, hopefully without being rude, mean, or thoughtless towards others feelings. Just so that you realize, I'm sure that there are both gay & lesbian members on this board that are great PPL and great contributors to this forum.
Thank you cab! My whole point was to try to get people's blood boiling like xbar makes so many of us do. I am far from a prejudice person. I have dealt with gay people in the cattle business. I don't hate any person. But I think this whole ordeal with Phil would have been overlooked by a&e if a gay person would have made slanderous comments about straight people. Its just about what is acceptable and not acceptable in our society anymore.
And btdt. I'm glad you realized I was quoting Phil. I think several overlooked that.

OH Breeder

Gargan said:

Mr Almighty Moderator? How did I earn that title? I don't remember ever on this site and you can check me, placing myself above anyone. What I stated was my gut reaction to your post. I didn't "moderate" any of your comments or this string. Sometimes the package things come in isn't pretty. I follow south park and they pretty much make fun of EVERYONE. Redneck, Gay, Republican, Entertainer they don't discriminate they hit them all. WOuld it have been my instrument to deliver a message maybe not. The comparison to "Rednecks" and someone insinuating a sexual preference somehow makes them less is lame and weak. If you are offended by that then call Jeff Foxworthy and tell him to stop his "Redneck Comedy Tour" because its full of satire and demeaning comments towards "rednecks".

BTDT
Behind closed doors?  Not so much. If it was behind closed doors, I wouldn't know about "it". I do not see Brian Biotano, Billie Jean King, etc keeping it behind closed doors, because if they did, I wouldn't know one way or the other. Look at several other famous people who quietly go about their business and it isn't a big deal.

I am tired of pitty parties for people who sign up for reality TV shows and sign all these disclosures to make MONEY and then are unhappy when something like this comes up. Kate plus eight, etc etc. The dude can say what ever he wants, but he shouldn't have signed a media disclosure then and kept his mouth shut. Not a soul would care what he said if it wasn't for A&E's exposure. He would just be a old hippy that reformed that made remarks to some that are disparaging. You can't have it both ways. He is ABSOLUTELY right to his views opinions and beliefs. He just has to remember what HE signed up for.

WHY do we know all this about "these" people? MEDIA, Same as we know Kim and Kayne had a baby, so and so got married pretty simple how kim got that way. Alot of public figures are chased and questioned constantly about there personal lives. That unfortunately is part of being in the public. They shouldn't have to share what their personal preference is but its not any different than some straight couple making a marriage announcement. I don't remember any sex tapes from Billy Jean or Brian? They aren't putting their bedroom antics on display like Paris, Kim etc etc. Why shouldn't they be able to say they are happy with x, y, z? Sexual preference doesn't equate to bedroom performances. WHat I am talking about is this constant prying by the media and the PUBLIC interest to even know what goes on. I don't follow TMZ or any other of those media outlets because I don't care. But I also don't care if they run that athlete joe blow said he was gay. SO WHAT? Some people feel they need to identify with a group.

I have always lived my life by the 10 basic Commandments. I was always taught sin is sin is sin. Those who are without sin cast the first stone. Not too many people are without sin unfortunately its in our nature and depends on who is interpreting it.

As far as this thread is concerned, I will exit. I have already crossed my personal threshold that was set by my parents- NEVER discuss sex, religion and politics with strangers. Its private matter and it just creates hard feelings.

knabe

Just as there are jerk straight people, there are jerk lgbt people.

People can no longer agree to disagree. The thought police will not allow it. They have become what they despised.

The left is forcing everyone to make a stand on every issue and if you disagree, too bad.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

The funniest thing about the left is their so called tolerance. They are so far from tolerance and supporting unpopular speech.

Throughout history, issue after issue has benefitted from more speech, not less.

Funny how dd, Martin bashir and Alec Baldwin are peas in a pod except for one thing, there was limited outrage from the left, especially the lgbt crowd with respect to Sarah palin. To me, that is enough, along with countless other examples, to stereotype progressivism and dismiss it as a cult since a cults only identifying criteria is stifling speech. Just look at reddit and the la times banning dissent on global warming. Hypocrisy is one of man's biggest puzzles. The entire spectrum of political thought is not immune.

The problem with not discussing religion is that progressivism is all about eliminating religion and is in ones face literally all the time.

RyanChandler

Gargan said:

You didn't 'rib' me though.  You spouted out off ignorance and aligned your inability to form logical conclusions with that of other rednecks.  Though I feel the word, "redneck" was appropriately applied here, keep in mind that I didn't establish the commonly accepted definition - I only used it.  Not knowing that my gf's a 10- and if I died today, I'd have had more than most-  you went on to, using Phil's quote, question my sexual orientation, and then to make the most ignorant assumption of all: that somehow my orientation 'explained' my viewpoint.  My advice to you, would be to limit your posts to 'smart remarks," and then you won't feel as if you've been demeaned.

RyanChandler

knabe said:
And why should we be concerned with what they're doing?

Gargan said:
-XBAR- said:
Gargan said:
  You spouted out off ignorance and aligned your inability to form logical conclusions with that of other rednecks.

Using a south park cartoon for a response is very intellectual!!! (thumbsup)

I agree, Trey Parker is a genius.  I can see why it's confusing to you though. You don't come across as the type who understands satire or self parody.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
And why should we be concerned with what they're doing?

their views on gays
their views on chrisitianity
their views on tolerance
their inability to separate church and state
worldwide demographic change
enclave mentality
our tolerance of their intolerance, yet intolerance of christianity
adopting sharia law in enclaves in the US
birth rates
immigration rates
conversion rates
daniel pearl isn't here to elaborate
probably a few more

Like this one

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9368498

The suspects have been identified as 29-year-old Hanif Thompson, of Irvington; 31-year-old Karif Ford, of Newark; 32-year-old Basim Henry, of Newark; and 33-year-old Kevin Roberts, of Newark.

Islamic preaching in prison is very successful.

Strange that muslims may have been the largest purveyers of slavery, and inmany areas today still practice it, yet blacks adopt their philosophy.  The end game appears to be a murder, and 10 minute ride in a land rover.

Eugenics anyone?

I hear crickets.  Our aparteid society will be revealed through demographics, just as it always has throughout history.

knabe

-XBAR- said:
O god, it's the domino theory- help us all!

sort of like the american revolution and demographics in general.

allow voting one's self other people's money and pretty soon dominoes start to fall.

Telos

Do people really listen to this ignoramus?

Phil Robertson is not only ignorant he's just plain stupid. His fans are also naive and stupid. 

Do some of you think this jerk has something to say? This is scary in itself.

I'm sorry but there should be laws against people that are just plain dumb.

I guess it's entertainment for a lot of folks.

knabe

progressives already tried that. it was the launch of their movement.

http://www.infowars.com/eugenics-quotes-from-lofty-ideals-to-highly-centralized-population-control-run-by-psychopathic-maniacs/

John Maynard Keynes. Eugenics Review. 1946 (progressive economic hero)
"Natural selection must be replaced by eugenical artificial selection. This idea constitutes the sound core of eugenics, the applied science of human betterment."

margaret sanger (hillary clinton was recent award recipient)

"No woman shall have the legal right to bear a child… without a permit for parenthood."

"The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."

"We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members."

"Eugenic sterilization is an urgent need … We must prevent multiplication of this bad stock."

"Birth control itself, often denounced as a violation of natural law, is nothing more or less than the facilitation of the process of weeding out the unfit, of preventing the birth of defectives or of those who will become defectives."

"The undeniably feeble-minded should, indeed, not only be discouraged but prevented from propagating their kind."

"Give dysgenic groups [people with 'bad genes'] in our population their choice of segregation or [compulsory] sterilization."

MCC

Telos said:
Do people really listen to this ignoramus?

Phil Robertson is not only ignorant he's just plain stupid. His fans are also naive and stupid. 

Do some of you think this jerk has something to say? This is scarey in itself.

I'm sorry but there should be laws against people that are just plain dumb.

I guess it's entertainment for a lot of folks.

Telos, why don't you go ahead and tell us how you really feel.

I guess I am a naive, stupid ignoramus and proud of it! Gota, go the dumb police just pulled up to take me to dumb jail. <party>

knabe

here's a chill pill.

Once upon a time, a rich businessman and his entourage visited a harbor examining some ocean-front property to buy and develop. Their business concluded, he was about to return to his helicopter and take off when he noticed a plainly-dressed middle-aged man sitting on a chair near the docks, smiling and looking out over the ocean.

The businessman approached the other and asked him what he did for a living that allowed him to simply sit back and relax even though it was only early afternoon. He replied that he was a fisherman, and that he had already caught enough fish for the day, so he was just relaxing and taking in the view.

The businessman pointed out that he could go back out and catch even more fish and make more money. The fisherman asked what that would gain him.

The businessman pointed out that he could save up enough money to buy an additional boat & crew and catch even more fish and make even more money. The fisherman again asked what that would gain him.

The confused businessman replied that he could build an even larger fleet and hire captains & managers to run it. Once again the fisherman asked what that would gain him.

The businessman told him that then he would be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy the ocean. The fisherman smiled and replied, “But that’s what I’m doing now.”