What do you think of her?

Help Support Steer Planet:

dori36

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Dori- Yeah, the Lowlines grow hair easily, but if you put them under fans and rinse them, you can really get that edge that you need to bring home a banner from the big shows.  I think this little gal has a good shot at NAILE and wherever else we take her.

Aaaah, Justin, do does the "we" in your comment mean you'll be handling this heifer for TJ?  Maybe it's time for me to make a trip to KY to finally meet you in person!

shortyjock89

Well, I plan on clipping and fitting her, and maybe a little more than that if I need to.  I live about 4 hours straight north of TJ, so I don't get down there as much as I would like to, but I still have a hand in some of what goes on with the show calves.  If you get the chance to go to TJ's, a side trip to my house might not be out of the question?

Reinken Cattle Co.

Looks like a pretty good heifer TJ, get her under the fan and get some thickness on her and she will look 10 times better then how good she already looks. Will you be making it up to the Iowa State fair? We should have a set of 3 heifers there, if they are all ready.

Matt

TJ

Reinken Cattle Co. said:
Looks like a pretty good heifer TJ, get her under the fan and get some thickness on her and she will look 10 times better then how good she already looks. Will you be making it up to the Iowa State fair? We should have a set of 3 heifers there, if they are all ready.

Matt

Thanks!  I wouldn't mind attending the Iowa State Fair, but I never seem to be able to make it work & probably not going to make it this year.  Keep me updated on how you do at Iowa!  Hope you do well! 

TJ 

wrc

Your heifer looks good.  Are you thinking about goin to denver?  I have a couple Jan. heifers and a Jan bull that I am thinking about taking to Denver to either show or put in the Lowline sale.  When I get em looking like I want I'll post some pics.

TJ

wrc said:
Your heifer looks good.  Are you thinking about goin to denver?  I have a couple Jan. heifers and a Jan bull that I am thinking about taking to Denver to either show or put in the Lowline sale.  When I get em looking like I want I'll post some pics.

Yes, I am thinking about it.  I probably wont take this heifer though.  I've got a mid-March Doc Holliday heifer that I really like that will likely go if I go... probably will take 2 or 3 if I go... IDK... too far in the future.  ;)

I'd be interested in seeing pics of your calves.  Are they fullblood or percentage? 

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Forgetting my prejudices,she looks good to me.I could pick on her a little from the picture,but that's not fair. Nothing major wrong that i can see,just wish she was six inches taller with a tad more thickness. Nice Heifer.

+1 :)))