What do you think of her?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

showman said:
good luck with that (lol)the bloodstones are great cattle. really nice looking heifer, which lucky charm is she out of?

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. She isn't the best hfr out there , but we're pretty proud of her. Like Joebntn said we think she has plenty of gas left to just keep getting better(I think she'll be even better as a bred yrlng next year).

Showman , she is out of CF Lucky Charm 255 TP.

ATOZ

Doc,

I love your heifer and enjoyed meeting you!! I just wish you would keep her in Kentucky so I wouldn't have to show against her all the time!!!

shortdawg

M Bar said:
What do you plan to breed a line-bred Trump to? 

I've got a flush sister to her and I'm breeding mine to JPJ the first time. An Angus bull like Northern Improvement would work pretty good as well IMO. She's a double - bred Trump but look at the breed matrons in her pedigree. Desert Rose 004 ( dam of mucho great cattle), Lucky Charm 255 ( Denver Calf Champ), and LF Lucky Charm ( Nat'l Champ).

showman ne

Doc said:
showman said:
good luck with that (lol)the bloodstones are great cattle. really nice looking heifer, which lucky charm is she out of?

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. She isn't the best hfr out there , but we're pretty proud of her. Like Joebntn said we think she has plenty of gas left to just keep getting better(I think she'll be even better as a bred yrlng next year).

Showman , she is out of CF Lucky Charm 255 TP.

good deal. thats probably my favorite of the LF Lucky Charm descendents. as far as breeding a double bred trump i'd say theres lots of options. i don't have a problem with seeing 3 shots of trump in her. lots of choices (thumbsup)

shortyjock89

If she were mine, I'd breed her to Vortec for her 2nd calf. 

I think we're gonna have a showdown between our DV heifer, your Bloodstone, Leemon's Bloodstone, and ATOZ's heifer...I'd hate to see what else is in that age group.  Jr. Nationals and State Fair are gonna be fun!

showgoer

Might just be the pic but that's all I have to go off of.  She looks to get a touch weak behind her front shoulders and I'd like to level her topline out a touch.  Just guessing but I bet she doesn't hold that topline when in motion and tends to roach a little.  If you knock a little more of that hair off the tailhead, it'll help some.  Also don't have a pic from behind but looks to stand a little narrow so I question whether she has enough base width.  Everyone has hair this time of year, so I question how much is really there under that hair.  Don't get me wrong ~ there's a lot of worse cattle out there and she is definately something to be proud of ~ you asked for everyone's opinion so I'm just giving you mine from two pictures on an animal I've never seen in person or on the move.

BCCC

showgoer said:
Might just be the pic but that's all I have to go off of.  She looks to get a touch weak behind her front shoulders and I'd like to level her topline out a touch.  Just guessing but I bet she doesn't hold that topline when in motion and tends to roach a little.  If you knock a little more of that hair off the tailhead, it'll help some.  Also don't have a pic from behind but looks to stand a little narrow so I question whether she has enough base width.  Everyone has hair this time of year, so I question how much is really there under that hair.  Don't get me wrong ~ there's a lot of worse cattle out there and she is definately something to be proud of ~ you asked for everyone's opinion so I'm just giving you mine from two pictures on an animal I've never seen in person or on the move.
  Great Reasoning! (clapping)