What do you think of our new purchase

Help Support Steer Planet:

jphelps

Shes a purebred simmental, ebonys grandmaster x dream on. Had her first calf this past march.

Attachments

• 0825120857.jpg
    0825120857.jpg
    792.2 KB · Views: 259

ruhtram

She should produce some great offspring..Your new addition looks real nice!

jphelps

dsmith16 said:
She looks great! :) How was her first calf??
the previous owners sold it as a bull calf so he wasnt a dud! he looked pretty good to me for a first calver

Davidsonranch

Jelps said:
Shes a purebred simmental, ebonys grandmaster x dream on. Had her first calf this past march.
Jelps,
First of all awesome looking cow.  I am really excited to see her because I have some Grandmaster calves coming next spring and I have 4 straws of Dream On saved in my tank to use some day.  Looks like a great match up!
Curious, what did you breed her to for her first calf?  Would love to see some pics of the calf if possible.  Also if breeding her simmy I wanting to know what lines you are looking at breeding to with that cross.

jphelps

Davidsonranch said:
Jelps said:
Jelps,
First of all awesome looking cow.  I am really excited to see her because I have some Grandmaster calves coming next spring and I have 4 straws of Dream On saved in my tank to use some day.  Looks like a great match up!
Curious, what did you breed her to for her first calf?  Would love to see some pics of the calf if possible.  Also if breeding her simmy I wanting to know what lines you are looking at breeding to with that cross.

Thank you! The previous owners bred her to the PB simmi Uno Mas, hes in the select sires line-up. I do not have any pictures of her calf but I can try and get some. They had her AI'd back to Uno Mas for her second calf so I had no say so there. Being as this is our first time trying Simmental genetics I really do not know where we will be going with her third calf. I'm pretty sure I'd like to get away from using Dream On so close in the pedigree if we decide to stay purebred though. Maybe Goldmine since he is the maternal sire to Uno Mas and that calf seemed to work pretty well for them.