What do you think of this steer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Showgirl33

This is my friends steer..what do you think of him?

Attachments

• mahnob1.JPG
    mahnob1.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 247

crushertown

Really nice prospect you have there.  Good lines throughout depth of body seems adequate and really nice clean front on him.  Good luck.

Telos

That calf is right on the money in the profile pic. If he stays sound and moves freely he will be tuff.

twistedhshowstock

When is his endpoint show and what is he weighing? How old is he? He sure takes a pretty picture, beyond that its hard to say a whole lot with just this one pic?

Showgirl33

He's weighing roughly 1166..and he's going to the Oklahoma Youth Expo which is sometime in march. Yes i know it's hard to tell how he looks with just that one picture lol i will have to try to get some other pictures up...that picture was taken at the Tulsa State Fair which was the first week of October

twistedhshowstock

I think weight wise he is right on track.  The question for me would be more does he have enough guts and is he gonna finish, but other than that he looks good.

Showgirl33

He's starting to put some cover on now...and i can see some fat pods starting to form around his tail head...is it to early for that?

twistedhshowstock

I dont think so, but everyone has their own opinion.  I personally like one that develops a little cover and keeps it all the way through, just dont let him get pudgy fat.  If he starts pushing a lot of fat it could be an indicator that he is going to finish out a little earlier. But I think its easier to work with that than to have to really push one to try and finish him.

Showgirl33

Im not for sure...i could make a guess but i dont want to sound stupid lol he's going to go to the Oklahoma Youth Expo which is in March so if that helps any