What do YOU think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cattleking

Here is a nice registered brangus i recently bought and i was wondering what people thought of her.

Thanks, DSC

( Kid in third picture is me  ;) )

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 633
  • mail1.jpg
    mail1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 630
  • mail3.jpg
    mail3.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 637

shortyjock89

I think she's pretty neat, but whenever I see a brangus, I just wanna do some trimming haha.  What age is she?

HT

I like her. Shes gonna be a good show heifer for the Brangus shows and could even compete in the AOB shows. My Red brangus do that all the time. Just keep her head up and extend her neck  a tiny bit!!

Simmymom1

(thumbsup)  I THINK I like her alot!!  Are you going to take her to the majors this year, if so we will see you there.  Shelby has her new Chi heifer that is finally coming along, she is 8 months old.  Lisa

cattleking

Well Thanks Mrs. Lisa and we arent exactly sure yet, depends on how well she does at the TJLA shows, but as of right now i hope so.

Simmymom1

cattleking said:
Well Thanks Mrs. Lisa and we arent exactly sure yet, depends on how well she does at the TJLA shows, but as of right now i hope so.

Are you going to take her to the TJLA show in Angleton on August the 8th?  We might take the Chi heifer for her first time out to see how she does.  That show is actually pretty close for you guys and close for us too!!

Simmymom1

cattleking said:
most probably, we are just itching to get out and see how she does, so hows everything been lately?

Everything is going really good.  Let me know if you guys decide to go to Angelton next Saturday, it probably won't be a big show so it will be a good one to take a young heifer to it.  I am thinking we might try and get this heifer going so we can take her to Dallas in October for the State Fair.  She is just now starting to gain some weight and look better.  We have had a hard time getting her to eat.  We ended up having to slick her because she had so much hair, and that helped some. The heat has really taken a toll on all of the cattle around here.  Lisa

HT

cattleking said:
Thanks, i think you mean ABC not AOB lol she would get spanked in the AOB

In FL we dont have ABC that i know of, we just show in AOB, my brangus heifer that won the National show does real well in the AOB in FL..But yeah she looks like she will do great in her breed and in the other shows!!
Good luck

cattleking

Well i talked to my dad and he said we couldnt go... weddings  :(

And sorry i didnt know FL didnt have an ABC, so you Brangus won nationals! WOW! have any pictures of when she was young or...

HT

I do, I have pics of her..The first is when we first got her home (long ride from Mississippi) and the last was right before Nationals this year, I think she might go to Houston this year!

Attachments

• DSC01565.JPG
    DSC01565.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • DSC02029.JPG
    DSC02029.JPG
    295.4 KB · Views: 44

stangs13

Good lookin brangus dude! SHe looks like she will fair pretty well at the majors...and for sure do some but kicking at county!!

btw..yall going to the show in angleton on the 8th? This will be the  new heifers first outing for us..

Morgans Herd

I think she looks really good. She got some big shoulders on her though. But looks really good.

cattleking

those pictures arent very good, she isnt as nearly big shouldered as she looks in those pictures.

And Mr. Jones we had her dehorned yesterday and she resemble my steer last year in a more feminine way, she is looking very good and we plan on taking her to a  show or two for the TJLA.

Thanks,
DSC

dimebag

Good to hear raymond , send some pictures when you get a chance . Thanks ! The brangus heifer looks really nice !