What do you think???

Help Support Steer Planet:

showstud

Below are some pictures of my current show heifer and my show heifer from last year. Could you please tell me any and all opinions on both of them.
The bigger heifer is an April 2008 Sunseeker daughter out of an Angus cow. She is bred to calve April 10th to Doctor Who. She was Champion English Commerical about 20 times and always a conteneder for top 5 overall heifer.
The smaller heifer is a July 2009 Shorthorn Plus. She is a Dirty Harry out of a Shorthorn cow. She was been to 6 shows and was Champions Shorthorn Plus 5 out of 6.
Thanks in advance for the opinions, I am trying to start my future herd as well as be sucesful in the show ring.

Attachments

• Spring Shows 1 2010 031.JPG
    Spring Shows 1 2010 031.JPG
    1,015.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Spring Shows 1 2010 020.JPG
    Spring Shows 1 2010 020.JPG
    992.7 KB · Views: 204

forbes family farms

I personal like the Sunseeker heifer to be REALLY PICKY i would say her brisket is a little on the big side, your dirty harry heifer is really nice can't see anything wrong with her.

showstud

Yes i agree...she is a little thick under there. This picture was taken today thought and she is 9 months pregnant.....she didn't have that problem when she was in top show shape...Thanks for the opinion

CAB

Let us know how you get along with the Dr. Who/Sunseeker mating. That could be a big one. I used Dr. Who ONCE on heifers.

jquigley15

I am James Quigley
"It is a great luck for me as I have gotten a chance to add my post in this great forum."
What is your experience after using this forum?