WHAT DO YOU THINK???

Help Support Steer Planet:

Clubcalfshowgirl

I was wondering what everybody thinks about these two steers.

Attachments

• Gator.jpg
    Gator.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 288

red

red steer looks really nice, deep & not too big in the shoulders. I'm not real sure about the back legs? It might be just the way he's standing. How does he travel? Can't of course tell anything about his rear from the picture.

Can't really get a good idea on the darker one. More finer boned from the picture. Would like to see a different angle I guess.

Red

Clubcalfshowgirl

red said:
red steer looks really nice, deep & not too big in the shoulders. I'm not real sure about the back legs? It might be just the way he's standing. How does he travel? Can't of course tell anything about his rear from the picture.

Can't really get a good idea on the darker one. More finer boned from the picture. Would like to see a different angle I guess.

Red

The red steer travels really well one reason why i picked him

genes

The black one's back legs aren't great...turned out and sickle hocked.  Deep bodied little guy.  The Shorty has a clean front and is overall smooth and eye appealing.  He looks a little sickled or camped under in that picture, but it might just be the way he is standing there.

sjcattleco

Neither look too bad... I guess my first question is what is the pedigree... Esp on the horn I would have no clue about the black calf... Second is.... how old?? They appear to be still very young.... They have the look of calves that are about 600# or less..  or about 7 months old....  If this is so they will change some as they pack on more weight.  If they are older than that and these are recent pics you may need to change up your feed...

The black calf just appears to need a better clip job on that back leg... the hair in front of the hock makes him look "off"

I think they look like nice 4-H or FFA projects... 

red

Scott- can you expand on you clipping comments?
Also-CCSG, have they been wormed? I'm just wondering about the black steer needing a good worming?

Red

Clubcalfshowgirl

Ok the black steer is a end of sept. calf and he has only had a rough triming on him. I mean his topline and shoulders/front end but i havent done anything with his legs. He is around 450lbs This steer has been wormed. His sire is checks in the mail.This calf also i found out HATES rope halters. and didnt like being tied up. As for the red steer he is rough cliped also and he weights around 700-750lbs his pictures were only 3days after his haul back from mississippi Has not been wormed.

OH Breeder

This is personal, but I would not leave the blue halter on the roan steer calf. I would just put the rope halter on and off. It will wear on the hair after a while.

Clubcalfshowgirl

OH Breeder said:
This is personal, but I would not leave the blue halter on the roan steer calf. I would just put the rope halter on and off. It will wear on the hair after a while.

That was only day 2 at my house. He now has a rope halter and it goes on and off.Thanks tho

Clubcalfshowgirl

garybob said:
How-fore down in Mississsipi did the calf come from?

I'm not sure where in mississippi he came from a guy bought him for me and brought him back. He was sopost to have come 4rm the mississppi bred prospect steer show. Which is in Raymond,MS  But i dont think he went threw the sale, he was bought out of a pasture.