what do you think

Help Support Steer Planet:

GREENHAND

what do you think, be honest.  top two pictures are the same steer, 1100#  bottem  steer weighs 1230#

Attachments

• Steer photo 1.jpg
    Steer photo 1.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 168
  • steer photo 2.jpg
    steer photo 2.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 181
  • steer 3.jpg
    steer 3.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 172

CAB

When you get him all clipped out, he'll look very good. He's the right kind to feed. Are you taking him to some major shows or some jackpots or county fair? I like how deep ribbed & soggy he is. I would like to extend his front end some, but if his head was a tic lower in the bottom pic he may have a longer neck. Good Luck with him, nice steer. Brent

kane1598

I believe those are two different steers.  The bottom calf is much better. He is deeper bodied and has an a really easy feeding look I think he will be very competetive with a good clip job.  I like him alot and I think he should do you some good. The top steer looks pretty crippled up and shallow but has nice lines and extension.

GREENHAND

yea its two diffrent steers,  the top pic. is a little decieving, he is not crippled just didn't have his front feet placed well.  toes out a touch but moves well.

thats funny

In my opinion that steer toes out way to much and looks way to straight fronted for it just to be an accident or decieving in the picture.  I agree he is crippled a little.

ShowmanQ

thats funny said:
In my opinion that steer toes out way to much and looks way to straight fronted for it just to be an accident or decieving in the picture.  I agree he is crippled a little.

Just my opinion, but I don't think a calf can be "crippled a little". That is a term used to describe one not sound at all, not just one with some issues.
I do agree that the 2nd steer is the better of the 2 shown. Seems to have more capacity and will definately be more free in his movement (from the pictures given at least.) I do like the extion and lines of the 1st steer a tick better, but if the 2nd was setup a little differently he could look a little more extended and be pretty cool. I would really like to see some pictures of them when you get them all clipped out. I wish I lived closer, I would love to put some lines in those guys.

OH Breeder

I think seeing them clipped a bit would help. Both a tick straight up front, but lately it seems like ALOT of club calves are straight in the front or back. Nice pair. County fair, jackpots,,,,,?

GREENHAND

OUR COUNTY IS AS FAR AS THEY WILL GO, WE HAVE A EXCELLENT CARCASS CONTEST IN OUR AREA, EIGHT COUNTIES, USUALLY ABOUT 100 STEERS.  TOP PRIZE IS $2500, TENTH PLACE PAY $750.  PLUS EVERYONE GETS PAID FOR THE MEAT, USUALLY ABOUT $1100.  I HAD A SEVENTH PLACE CARCASS STEER THAT FETCHED ABOUT $4200 WHEN IT WAS ALL SAID AND DONE LAST YEAR!!  BOTH OF THESE STEER HAVE CARCASS TRAITS BRED IN THEM.