What % done are you on spring breeding?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

How far along is everyone on spring breeding? I realize a lot look for fall calves but just curious on the spring time breeders?
I'm 70% done so far. Have 1 to be bred Friday & 1 that calved only a month ago. Also have one that is due the end of the month.
Several have missed their 2nd & 3rd heats so I'm pretty optimistic. Also,Telos & I will be grandparents together! I bred my Foreplay cow to his Triple X bull. Don't laugh but that's how we will look at it!

Anybody else's progress?

Red (welcome)

cowz

All AI is done!!!  Have 4 ready for embryo's at Cowboy's next week.  Looking forward to that. :)

red

Tell Terry Howdy for me!
He said he finally broke the iceberg by posting so maybe we'll get more feedback from him!

Red

DLD

Zero. I'm going to start next week - I'll watch for natural heats and AI for three weeks (or less, if I get the cows AI'd that I really want), then turn the bulls out. Mostly, I just don't have time to watch them calving as close as I like to 'til after the OK Youth Expo, and the younger calves seem to sell just as well for us.

David

jnm

Pulling the cidr's on 22 Saturday so will be AI''ing Sunday-Tuesday. Bull will go out with rest of herd Saturday and in an ideal world all bred in 60 days

Show Heifer

I am 100% done on AI breeding. Finished about 17 days ago.  (clapping)
The bull on the other hand, won't tell me!!! His lips are sealed!!  ;) Guess time will tell!!  :p

OH Breeder

Had one today, meaning I am down to one to calve. I have bred all but the three back. Calves coming mostly in January, February and March. Now I am shooting to get these bred back pretty quick. had a couple miss heats, but think got them stuck on the sccond go around.
I also think my eggs were put in at the end of May. If so, I will have 5 ET calves will be waiting to see 60 day preg. check.
I am extremely pleased with the crop. Best calves I have ever had. But, only three bulls and the rest our heifers. Lots of replacements and can cull hard this next year.
OH B

DL

Three quarters bred AI, half confirmed PG, remainder too early to tell. Synching more next week...still have a couple to calve (bad heat detection - couldn't figure out why my heat detection took a dive - then I got the 400 year old Maple tree trimmed and realized I could see my cows no matter where they were - the tree is to blame for my late calves (the tree will accept some blame but doesn't believe the entire fault belongs with it)

red

That's why I love where my office window is. I can see the cows & the heifers from it. Dosn't excuse me from not going out to check but alerts me if something is wrong.

Red

JbarL

dragon lady said:
Three quarters bred AI, half confirmed PG, remainder too early to tell. Synching more next week...still have a couple to calve (bad heat detection - couldn't figure out why my heat detection took a dive - then I got the 400 year old Maple tree trimmed and realized I could see my cows no matter where they were - the tree is to blame for my late calves (the tree will accept some blame but doesn't believe the entire fault belongs with it)

all 3 of mine were bull breed  ( cross your fingers )...due  late jan/ early feb.....thanks for the tree conspiracy info.....i hope they haven't infiltrated my program, although now that you mention it......., some of them do seem to be getting larger  ..... ;)     jbarl

red

Have my red cow to AI tonight. Always seems to take 2 tries on her. Will bred another cow Monday.
Did get my blood collection tubes (ie: purple tube tops!). So going to be drawing blood tomorrow. May wean some of the older calves too. Also will tattoo at same time.

Red