What is your comfort food on a rainy day?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

It's raining here, Woody's been on my lap for an hour. since the hubby will be home early I decided to make on of my favorite comfort food dishes. I love Tapioca pudding when I'm sick or just need cheering up.

What's yours?

Red

Bawndoh

I dont have any particular comfort food, but I always find myself craving the Subway cookies.  They are so full of butter and SOOOO soft.  Mmm.

shorthorns r us

homemade coke floats.  outside temperature is irrelevant.  heck, precipitation is optional.  a blended float from Sonic is my choice of store bought treats.  the local sonic make a double large for me in the Rt. 44 cup; it pays to know the manager. ;)

cowz

A crock pot full of beef stew, a pan of corn bread, and oatmeal cookies!

dori36

red said:
It's raining here, Woody's been on my lap for an hour. since the hubby will be home early I decided to make on of my favorite comfort food dishes. I love Tapioca pudding when I'm sick or just need cheering up.

What's yours?

Red

Amazingly relevant for me today as I 'm taking it easy due to a bit of surgery on the 15th.  I just ate a bowl of peppermint ice cream (a store here carries it year around - not just at Christmas) with animal cookies mixed in it.  Tasted pretty good!

Shorthorn_Junkie

I'm kinda surprised that I have not already seen this one listed on here, however my comfort food on a rainy day is pizza. 

However, pizza is comfort food for me on any type of day.    ;D

garett

Well I love jelly beans. Jelly Belly are the best. I was at the mall the other day and got a giant bag so Im all stocked up for a while. (thumbsup)

garybob

Two Grilled-Cheese sandwiches ( with lunch meat--preferrably Pickle Loaf), and a bowl of canned soup, re-constituted with a reduced amount of water. The mean ol' cook at the fraternity in college fixed this EVERY Monday, regardless of weather. Developed an addiction for this culinary attrocity, but, then again, I used to breed slick-haired Shorthons.

GB

red

I also love homemade chicken & dumplings & homemade chocolate chip cookies right from the oven!  :D

Red

Simmymom1

My grandma's chicken and dumplings, jalapeno corn bread, and a big ole glass of cold milk!!!!  Now I am hungry for it ....... <party>

garybob

red said:
I also love homemade chicken & dumplings & homemade chocolate chip cookies right from the oven!  :D

Red
I use dark meat in mine. Also canned Biscuits, cuz i'm lazy & don't like flour everywhere. ;)

GB

red

garybob said:
red said:

Red
I use dark meat in mine. Also canned Biscuits, cuz i'm lazy & don't like flour everywhere. ;)

GB

I use the thighs in mine Gary but make it from stratch.

Red

knabe

CORN MAQUE CHOUX

http://topchefs.chef2chef.net/recipes/chef-paul/favorites/Corn-Maque-Choux.shtml

i reduce this down a lot more than the recipe indicates.  i also recommend only very, very, very, very sweet corn be used.

if you've ever wondered what a starch/sugar overload in a cooked form is, this is it.

this goes great with beets and a grilled steak, and um, some wine, perhaps a dark beer and some bubbled water.

a water bubbler is a great christmas gift.

bradycreek

Yep B's and G's here anytime of day. ;)
Also love the yellow frosted Zingers...and they are liking me more and more every year.
I'm still growing cept now its our stead of up. :(
dh

Dusty

On a rainy day, i used to like to go to town for 11am happy hour and have a few beers and eat some pizza.  A card game usually transpired in the afternoon.  Late afternoon we would indulge in some hot wings with more beer.  Then I usually went home after the 5pm happy hour.  It was always a fun day and you usually slept like a rock that night..