What kind of aitomatic water troughs are you using?

Help Support Steer Planet:

blackdirt cowboy

I'm in the process of planning and building a new show barn. I'm looking for recomendations on what brands and types of water troughs to use. I will probably split the trough with a fence and water two pens on it, with a maximum of two cattle per pen. I live in the south, so freezing is not a big issue and I won't need heated troughs. Which ones are the best value for the money?

Hodgie76

A friend has a Pride Of the Farm water. He likes it.  Pride of The farm is owned by  Hawkeye Steel of Houghton Iowa. Hawkeye Steel has a web site.

GoWyo

I like the Cobett waterers a lot.  No need for a concrete pad and if installed correctly with the proper length thermal tube, are energy free in cold climates (use ground heat).  Looking to install 3 or 4 of them this spring and summer.

WDE11

The Gallagher watering systems are bulletproof, never had a problem with one.

CAB

JMO, if you live where you do not have to worry about frozen waters, I'd go with either Pride of The Farm or Richie, but if you worry at all about the water freezing, I'd highly recommend the Cobett energy free waters.
  If the Gallagher waters are an off shoot of the Mirafount waters, you could not pay me to take one. Again just my opinion.

neocattleman

I worked for a place with the JUG waterers and we installed some last year ourselves and we absolutely love them. also I have seen where people have taken the 2 hole ones and split them with a fence to cover two pens

ai er

I have a Richie.  A friend of mine had it sitting in his barn still in the box.  He had went ahead and installed a bigger one and was never going to use the one sitting in his barn.  He gave it too me and I installed it in the fence line between two lots by our barn three years ago.  It has been great. Not any problems and only wish I had done it 20 years ago.  These past two winters it's been below zero and it has worked flawlessly.

Latest posts