What makes your cows go absolutely crazy when they see or hear it?

Help Support Steer Planet:

brahmergirl

We had  my son's show heifer last year get spooked by my husband and son walking behind the barn by their pen in camouflage.  They were going coyote hunting and it just totally upset that heifer.  She went through barbed wire 4 times before we got her calmed down plus it started to pour rain (go figure).  She was a bloody mess, literally! Believe it or not, she didn't scar bad though, one little scar under her eye. 

Then we had her settled, in a lot with the young bull yearling and a friend came at daylight, was waiting on my husband to get on his clothes to go hunting, thought he'd walk by the pen and look at the cows, he had on full camo, she did it again!  only this time, she decided not to go through the fence, it must have hurt too much the day before, but jumped it!  All 6 foot of it!  We almost died!  I was trying to tell the guy not to walk up to the fence but he did it anyways.  It did not make me very happy.  Has anyone else had them do this with Camo?

Then ours absolutely hate kawasaki Ninja motorcycles.  They run up and down the highway and the cows will hear them in the pasture and take off running as fast as they can to try to chase them.  It's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

They also hate four wheelers.  My husband's granddad had them at his place for a while trying to AI them, I guess he tried to herd them on it and now everytime one comes on the place, they line up to take it out!  (fence or no fence) 

calfman

brahmergirl said:
We had a my son's show heifer last year get spooked by my husband and son walking behind the barn by their pen in camouflage.  They were going coyote hunting and it just totally upset that heifer.  She went through barbed wire 4 times before we got her calmed down plus it started to pour rain (go figure).  She was a bloody mess, literally! Believe it or not, she didn't scar bad though, one little scar under her eye. 

Then we had her settled, in a lot with the young bull yearling and a friend came at daylight, was waiting on my husband to get on his clothes to go hunting, thought he'd walk by the pen and look at the cows, he had on full camo, she did it again!  only this time, she decided not to go through the fence, it must have hurt too much the day before, but jumped it!  All 6 foot of it!  We almost died!  I was trying to tell the guy not to walk up to the fence but he did it anyways.  It did not make me very happy.  Has anyone else had them do this with Camo?

Then ours absolutely hate kawasaki Ninja motorcycles.  They run up and down the highway and the cows will hear them in the pasture and take off running as fast as they can to try to chase them.  It's the funniest thing i've ever seen.

They also hate four wheelers.  My husband's granddad had them at his place for a while trying to AI them, I guess he tried to herd them on it and now everytime one comes on the place, they line up to take it out!  (fence or no fence) 

My cell phone!! For awhile I had that mosquitos tone, and when the cows heard it, man, took me a half an hour to get em settled down.
Lesson learned.  ;D

red

Diesel trucks, one scared a bull in a grooming chute so bad he twisted it all up.
You were really lucky w/ your  heifer BG!
Red

genes

Now calfman...I don't know why you would want a mosquito ringtone...I think I would slap myself too much (clapping)

At one show we had to go behind the announcers stand to get to the ingate, and my steer just would not do it.  Every time he heard the speakers he jsut went right backwards.  The funny thing about it is, once we did get in the ring, he was fine with the speakers from their front side  ???

One heifer was afraid of the neighbour.  :p

And one time every animal was looking at me funny when I wore a different coat out.  But I think it was from the late 80s/early 90s great fashion sense, so I don't blame them for being scared  O0

red

I had a Jersey that took offense to the Jersey queen. She tried to horn her. Didn't like the dress or something.

Red (cow)

Joe Boy

My landlord kid and his buddies on motorcycles.  I could have killed them and had to go get a cold diet Dr. Pepper and cool off before I put them out of the pasture.  They also shot a rabbit in the lot with the cows in it and shot toward the road......  I explained life to them.... they lied and I corrected them....

jason

I just sold it, but it was 2 stroke that was loud and fast.

Attachments

• blaster.jpg
    351.6 KB · Views: 767

DL

Pea hens - yeah - pea hens, I saw them walking down the road and thought now isn't htat wierd pean hens walking down the road

little while later hear all sorts of noise from the cows and calves in the front pasture - pea hens walking up the driveway - pea hens walking in the field - pea hens on top of the quonset hut - one cow tried to launch herself onto the quonset hut - never seen them so agitated before or since - talked to Temple Grandin about it - she said it was the novelty of them

they belong to a neighbor - a good neighbor (didn't know it at the time - was ready to strangle them) - she said she was told by the pea hen seller that they are just like dogs will stay in your yard - go figure.....now they have their own enclosed yard! DL

Joe Boy

DL,
I do not like pea fowls either.....they yell like a woman being beaten half to death and if you are not expecting it will scare the poowaldelings out of you....

I do not like them because they will crawl or fly up on a car or a roof and make a big mess.....looks like flying cows went poo on the roof of the car or house....  Once while I was helping put a roof on my cousins house while we ate dinner and lacked only the ridge cap, they made a big mess...... my cousin's husband just laughed.....

Last year I saw the funniest thing I had ever seen..... Leaving my pasture and headed home there was a large flock of wild turkey running down the road in front of me.... I drove slow trying not to rush them.... all of a sudden they all flew off but one....it was a pea fowl...she finally caught on and flew off herself....... never seen a pea fowl with the turkeys before or since..... she was as dumbfonded as I was......

Thanks for your story.... :)))

genes

Not sure if they'd scare the cows, but they would sure scare me.  i do not like birds. 

cowz

Ultra light airplanes are the menace we have to deal with.  Those are the one man jobs that look like a pterydactil. SP?  We live 10 miles from a small airport.  Have spliced a few wires because of those guys.  Often wonder if they can see the steam coming out of my ears from that high up.

red

That & snowmobilers that seem to think if there is snow on the ground then everything is open area for them to ride on. Makes me so mad when they go through your yard & fields. Some run along the fence & that drives the dog crazy & the cows. Makes me want to put a wire across the place sometimes. Just venting! ::)

Red

justme

Our cows hate (I mean hate) our orange Tom cat.  I go out to check them...stupid Puss in Boots follows me.  Cows tear after him and never fails....he ends up sitting between my feet.  Then chubby me has to get my big hind end moving!  Gotta find a way of getting that old cat to stay back to the barn :)))

red

justme said:
Our cows hate (I mean hate) our orange Tom cat.  I go out to check them...stupid Puss in Boots follows me.  Cows tear after him and never fails....he ends up sitting between my feet.  Then chubby me has to get my big hind end moving!  Gotta find a way of getting that old cat to stay back to the barn :)))

typical orange/ yellow cats!! They are the biggest trouble makers out there!

Red (clapping)