What should I breed to.

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

I needed some opinions on what to breed this cow to. She just had her first live calf on the 21st of December and now I'm tryin to decide what to breed her to. I would like to get a showable calf out of her. She is sound as a cat and has alot of rib shape. She placed first in class at NC State fair and is even better on pasture. PHA TH status doesn't matter because she is not a carrier by genetics(SimmixCharolais). She is real extended through her front end and has an awesome top line.  has pretty good bone and best of all she is a milk wagon. tell me any ideas. The only two that I have been able to think of are Carnac and Sunseeker. Hopefully it will post the pictures but I may need red to resize them.

Attachments

• 100_0528.jpg
    100_0528.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 407
  • 100_0525.jpg
    100_0525.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 404
  • 100_0102.jpg
    100_0102.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 330

KDSC

i think carnac or sunseeker would be a good choice, carnac this year and if you dont like it try sunseeker next year :'(

showsteerdlux

I know this aint a good pic seeing as in this she had the baby a half hour before the pic but what does she look like she needs to make next calf competitive?

KDSC

She looks like is a little heavy fronted :'( maybe could use some more bone and hair and maybe  a bigger butt, oh Duramax, will defiantly do that ;D

showsteerdlux

She does have alot of hair for being a pasture cow, it had just rained before this pic so thats why she appears to have not alot of hair. Anyone with experience who will make them lighter fronted and thicker at the same time.

TottenClubCalves

that heifer I got from Jason is a sunseeker she's very sound and very showy I would breed her to Sunseeker also the BOLD STATEMENT calving reports have been phenomenal so you might consider him as well

shortyjock89

If you're trying to clean up the front end on her, stay away from Sunseeker..that's about the only thing he won't improve on a cow. If I were you, I would try out Who Made Who. He puts really nice fronts on, his heifers make awesome cows, and his steers have been competitive for the past decade.