Votes: 2 66.7%
  • malibu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alias

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Herefordman

I was thinking about using the Reg. Chi bull WCC Gunsmoke but i havent seen any calves, Any one had any or have pictures?

Bradenh

i dont know much about the forplays. but to start off, is the cow black? if she is you are going to want to go more twords something like CAPTAIN MORGAN, if the cow is say half char or something id say milkman. but milkman on a black cow is going to usually get a black calf imo. once again i dont even know what breed forplay is but i love my captain morgans

Herefordman

yea she is black, she is a nice cow and very correct but could use some bone and hair and she doesnt have any Charolais in her pedigree. Ill look for that bull to see if i can find semen.

Bradenh

skinner cattle company has some. they own him and he is an extremely nice one, go to their ad at the top of the steerplanet sight

JSchroeder

If you use any smoke colored bull you will only have a 50/50 shot of getting a smokey.

To be assured of a smokey, you need to breed her to a white bull.

Bradenh

troubador and lead on are my number 2 and 3. they will get you a smokey. ive only heard of one black morgan calf. sams or carman will correct me on this if i am wrong

Herefordman

yea i  like Troubador alot, but will he make her clubby enough being that she is half angus and he is pure charolais?

Bradenh

i think he will (troubador), i wish i had some pics of the calf we recently bought our of a sim angus cow and troubador. very very clubby without being 'unfunctional'

Herefordman

Thats what im looking for, I want clubby steers but functional showy heifers, I hate to see Heifers win that can barely walk through the pasture.

aandtcattle

Troubador is only 3/4 char I beleive.  To ensure a smokey I would use the purebred papered char bull, Firewater, he is damn cool! and super thick.  I could definitely see him working on a Foreplay x angus cow!

JSchroeder

It doesn't matter what percentage Charolais the bull is, as long as they they are homozygous for the diluter gene they'll always produce smokes when bred to homozygous black cows.

Troubador is either homozygous for the dilution gene or the lightest colored smoke ever seen.

chambero

I have seven Troubador calves out if black cows.  All calves are white or smokey