What to breed her to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

amcosgra

We have a late April registered polled hereford heifer out of AA PRF Wideload and TCW Pathfinder 23C 18K on the bottom side. She is dark red fully pigmented with tremendous bone and natural thickness. Would like to see her lengthened up a bit and maybe a little more deeper but otherwise a really nice heifer. Don't have a pic of her because shes being shown by someone with more time than us. Any ideas on who we should AI her to. Thanks!

amcosgra

We're going to go with a registered polled hereford bull, so any other suggestions?

ratmama2

We also have registered Herefords and are going to breed our heifers this year to Star Orlando 561P ET from Stone Ridge Manor this year. I have seen him and he is long and is fully muscled. I am also planning on getting semen from TFR Cyrus 225 ET. I really like how he looks also. I would recommend either of these bulls. Orlando has better BW EPD for a first calf heifer though.

amcosgra

He does look good but I want something with a more proven track record.  Something that definately is a calving ease bull.

shortyisqueen

CM Cattle said:
G J works on just about anything.

He doesn't leave a very registrable Hereford though...  ;D

We had excellent luck with DR World Class this year. We didn't use him on any heifers, so I can't say what the birth weights would be on a heifer. Ours average about 90 lbs (with Canadian winter feeding in there - adds BW) and were a real nice shape. No calving problems on the cows, so I'd say he would be a possible choice on heifers. He seems to excel at adding length and depth, so he might be what you are looking for.

amcosgra

He is actually one of the bulls I was looking hard at.  I love his EPDS and his phenotype, and 517 makes great females.  I was also looking at THM Durango 4037, Feltons Legend 242, KCF Bennett 3008 M326, KJ 2403 Recruit 966R, KT Top Secret 1030, and SHF Rib Eye M326 R117.

CPL

I think any of those you have listed would be a good choice, but if you are looking to wrap everything up in a show package I think I'd go with Durango. Another bull that Tommy Mead has is Sleep Easy, I think he's a really good bull just probably has gotten the use of Durango and definitely not as many show winners as him either. The M326's might be a little too moderate for the show ring and I don't think 242 or 1030 would stouten her up any. I guess it just depends what you want.

I've posted this before on here, but I bull I really like is WLB Global 72M 50S. He is available from Semex so you might look him  up as well.