What To Breed her too?

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJR

I was just curious how you were able to show her as a % simmi, when she is, according to you, one quarter simmi.  In theory, they need to be at least 50% simmental to show as a low% simmi.

Show Steaks

now that i know that its a flush try maximus! possibly who made who just for a commen sense marketable baldy calf..... she looks like the type of girl you could breed to an ugly duckling and still get a saleable calf ..... heifer flush: maximus or sos or sandeen salute(jeff knowles.. sp?) WMW    steers : HW wMW, heet seeker, carnac, the gift(new bull) one and only(keeps color and loooks real good at stud)

TJR

I'll try again-is she a quarter- blood or a half-blood?  I'd think that would make a difference in your bull choices, if you want to market to potential Simmental  people.  Thanks.

TMJ Show Cattle

First of all, good lookin heifer.I still would also question how you can show a 3/8 ths Simmy as a low prcentage Simmy at a show which they are supposed to be 50 percent Simmy? just curious.You have a lot of options,but I would flush her for maternal. But thats an old guys way of thinking.

AAOK

TMJ Show Cattle said:
First of all, good lookin heifer.I still would also question how you can show a 3/8 ths Simmy as a low prcentage Simmy at a show which they are supposed to be 50 percent Simmy? just curious.You have a lot of options,but I would flush her for maternal. But thats an old guys way of thinking.

Oklahoma Rules only, but any Registered Simmi 75% and under can show in the Low % Simmintal shows.

AAOK

LilJoe1991 said:
This heifer has been shown a lot for the past year. With her fancy look and extra chrome turned the heads of several people in the show ring. She was the Res. Grand Senior Yearling % Simmental Heifer at Kansas City. This outstanding heifer won the % Simmental show all over Oklahoma. She had the top % Simmental Heifer points in the OCCA. She was the Grand Champion Heifer in our county show 2 years in a row. This excellent maternal phenotype heifer has plenty of extra rib shape and dimension. Selling Flushes... Would appreciate feed back on herd sires that would work well with her.  She is out of Invincible X SimmixAngus

If she were mine, I would be breeding her up(%) with Meyer 734.  Even considering the semen expense, I think the calves would have a greater marketability than with anything else you might try.

TJR

OCCA website says that the rule conforms to whatever the national breed association says.  (I believe that means she would have to be 50% simm or greater to show as a lo%.  As far as her showing at KC, she sure should have been  50%.