What to breed to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Young

I have a Kool x Double Vision daughter that I am wanting to breed to a clubby bull.  She needs more base width, muscle shape and bone for me.  Dont care about color just has to be th and pha free.
Thanks

Young

Sorry she is a 5 year old.  Raised a steer that was second in class at Jr. Nationals.

mark tenenbaum

Alm Chiller,Free For All, Elbee Leader (Wymore),Arsulu Osage ,GB Daybreak Express,JITs Touchdown Bull,and depending upon where he ends up-I have a solid red Free For All calf-that was under 80 pounds at birth-is out of amy best cow(a Cumberland-but not bred anything like everybody elses).He is extremly thick.All of the above are clean-and either are massivly thick-or really work on clubbies. O0

kfacres

Young said:
I have a Kool x Double Vision daughter that I am wanting to breed to a clubby bull.  She needs more base width, muscle shape and bone for me.  Dont care about color just has to be th and pha free.
Thanks

Ask Dimand M Shorthorns  ( not sure of his screen name on here)..  MacFarland is last name...  He's the only person that I've ever heard of who has had success with KOOL bred cows. 

Your descripton of the KOOL dtrs sounds exactly like ours (did), and any other KOOL that I have ever seen...  Our's all sucked, still have one though, cuz of her cow family. 

OH Breeder

You already have Double Vision in there. He usually adds some bone. Also, when you say clubby- just shorthorn or other bulls?

Young

I up for any bull shorthorn or not.  I had thought about using free for all but havent heard alot of calf reports, and the shorthorn association last I looked didnt have him down for having any progeny.  It is that not the cow sucks she rasies good soild calves I would just like to get alittle more from her is all.  Her last two calves were out of a trump son and grandson and just didnt have the WOW factor that I would like them to have.