what to breed to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

pa showman

i was just thinking ahead to breeding the two heifers I have in the barn and was needing some suggestions. The first one is a very feminine maine angus heifer that is kind of straight off her back pasterns so I would like to correct them and after that some after thoughts would be maybe some more rib and muscle but of course I don't want to push them to hard for there first calf. The second one is a PB angus heifer that is really good in a lot of aspects just roaches a little bit so I would like to straighten her top out but yet again a live calf is main priority. I would prefer the bulls to be proven calving ease and I would like to keep the PB angus pure and I don't really have an extreme preference breed wise on the crossbred . thanks in advance. sorry for the lengthy post

sizzler14

I would breed them both to Connealy InSure;
CED: +19
BW: -2.9
MM: 25
DOC: 32

Attachments

• ConnealyInSure.jpg
    ConnealyInSure.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 165

Dale L

I am not as knowledgeable as many on here.  But would Jesse James work on the maine angus heifer? 

mark tenenbaum

Dale L said:
I am not as knowledgeable as many on here.  But would Jesse James work on the maine angus heifer? //// Jessie James is fine:plus: Breathe Easy, I-80,Comfort Zone,Dirty Harry,Limestone Trifecta,Arsulu Osage (shorthorn and dam good) any of the low BW Canadian Shorthorn bulls, and last-not very well known on blacks but an absolute ass kicker on the few Ive seen-Weneracres off Road O0

sizzler14

if she is straight on her hind wheels, I would bet a small chunk of change for some post-legged cripples with breathe easy, dirty harry and especially I-80. and ive heard of a lot of 90-100 pounders out of trifecta

Latest posts