what to flush her to

Help Support Steer Planet:

wra

This is a meyer grandaughter out of a main angus cow that we are getting ready to flush and was thinking heat wave or monopoly...she has an immortal heifer calf the is very correct but needs some more bone...we would like to produce steers but but heifer suggestions would be good too.

Thanks

Attachments

• 22463_10100223346838034_9390682_66480271_1849520_n.jpg
    22463_10100223346838034_9390682_66480271_1849520_n.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 155

vet tech

She looks good! I would go HW or Carnac for steers, and Simple Math or New Look for heifers

clubcalve

You could try somthing different like Tiger Woods or power Trip

OH Breeder

wra said:
This is a meyer grandaughter out of a main angus cow that we are getting ready to flush and was thinking heat wave or monopoly...she has an immortal heifer calf the is very correct but needs some more bone...we would like to produce steers but but heifer suggestions would be good too.

Thanks

Immortal is a heat wave son. Does stacking Heat wave genetics work? I am asking seriously.  ???
I am wondering if the Who route might work better on this gal. She looks sound.

shorthorngirl2010

Mercedes Benz (the females I saw posted i REALLY liked.. and steers were legit as well)? ... Highliner? ... if you're willing to try it, though unproven... Thriller??

wra

she is very sound .....she needs to be fixed behind her shoulders a bit and maybe some hair but she is extremly sound and has plenty of width and volume...thanks for your replies

Show Heifer

What has worked with her in the past?  She has hopefully had more than one calf that was good?  If not, why flush her?

herefordfootball

If she is very sound and correct I would go with Heat Wave or Sunseeker. Both will add bone (should). Monopoly probaly wont add as much bone, but definitely soften up the calf, add soundness, and put depth in the calf. Heat Wave or Sunseeker will add  more thickness/wont take any away, where as I've seen a couple where monopoly toned down the rear quarter just a tick, but that was only on two calves out of god knows how many, all the others He kept the thickness of the cow or a added just a little. Saw a Monopoly on the Spring Smack Down Sale, who was the widest calf on the sale and his dam was no thicker than your average commercial cow. So in my opinion I'd go with Heat Wave or Sunseeker for the flush and breed back to Monopoly, that way your maximizing your genetic field, can see what works best in the shortest amount of time, and rebreed/flush that way next year and make the most money off your calf crop from the embryos. The reason I say breed to Monopoly and flush to Heat Wave is because the Monopolys' are smaller at birth and tend to calve easier, that way you dont have to worry about your donor maybe having that 140lb C-Section calf.