What to Flush to - new cow added

Help Support Steer Planet:

farmboy

Dirty Hairy x HW
Bred to Calve in the middle of April with her second calf.
Powerful, Deep sided, Clean front, Sound.
TH & PHA Free

We want to shoot for powerhouse steers and heifers.
on my shortlist is Monopoly, HW, Walks Alone
I'll upload a short vid on youtube later.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAniBc9wWBY

dirtyharryhfrchmp.jpg

Attachments

• COCOdonor 001-720.jpg
    COCOdonor 001-720.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 607
  • COCOdonor 007-720.jpg
    COCOdonor 007-720.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 592
  • COCOdonor 003-720.jpg
    COCOdonor 003-720.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 579

nck21

Highliner would probably sire better heifers than Walks Alone, Monopoly, and HW but he is still unproven.

Deaves Show Cattle

For steers...Red Hot, or any of the previous bulls you had in mind I would use. Im not sure how well Red Hot's heifers are, never had any.

DTW

I am wondering why you would flush her to heat wave when she is out of a heat wave cow.  Dont know if monopoly would have enough neck extension or power for her.  Monopoly will down size more than heat wave with out a doubt.

farmboy

DTW said:
I am wondering why you would flush her to heat wave when she is out of a heat wave cow.  Dont know if monopoly would have enough neck extension or power for her.  Monopoly will down size more than heat wave with out a doubt.

she is a HW x Witch Doctor. as i stated in the OP, we want powerful calves and you can't deny that HW can make them powerful. Just my opinion and some will disagree with it. We will use Monopoly over heat wave if we can. Also looking at My Turn on her as well. When we shoot for more maternal oriented calves, we were thinking Dr Who or WMW

BCCC

I wouldn't flush her to anything out of heatwave don't think they would have enough grow to them. I'm on my phone so can't look at her picture but if I remember her she has plenty of depth for hannibal(or tycoon) and he would help her neck out. Or for good steers and heifers how bout ole who himself

farmboy

this is a 1/4 char maine angus cow. really deep and big topped. yea, she's fat.

Milkman?

Attachments

• newcalvesandcowsmay24 005-400.jpg
    newcalvesandcowsmay24 005-400.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 472

jackpotcattle

zach said:
DTW said:

she is a HW x Witch Doctor. as i stated in the OP, we want powerful calves and you can't deny that HW can make them powerful. Just my opinion and some will disagree with it. We will use Monopoly over heat wave if we can. Also looking at My Turn on her as well. When we shoot for more maternal oriented calves, we were thinking Dr Who or WMW

You said she was a Dirty Hairy NOT HW. You did however say she was out of a HW cow. There are many pple who have tried to linebreed straight bred cattle and failed, I wouldn't recommend it with HW.

farmboy

I don't want to use hannibal on the black cow. Hannibal can make them pretty big and she is of good size her self. the guy holding her is pretty big, that might throw of your perspective of her. i have a feeling those calves would be way to big anyway

On a side note, she is due in the middle of April to HA Wisdom. I don't know the exact date, but when would be the best time for optimum flush potential. We would like to have embryos put in this spring for Feb - March Calves. idk if thats possible or not considering the time of the flush and the implanting timing of the recips.

Bulldaddy

Zach, if she calves mid april then the soonest you could flush her would be around June 15th.  No way that would work for Jan/Feb calves, maybe some March calves.  You could always freeze the eggs and put them in the following year.

cowman

If she were mine my ET guy would tell me to put her on a diet before flushing her, might not hurt for calving purposes either...Main things I can see is the bull needs to be good fronted and square her up behind. Therefore your list should include Who Made Who, Hardcore, Tyson for heifers and Jimmy The Greek, Golden Child, and Texas Hold'em for steers. JMHO. Lots of younger bulls to try but not proven.

farmboy

She's been on pasture/Hay for about 2 months now. The vid and pics were taken in mid Oct. i think and we were feeding her then. she's an easy keeper..

OH Breeder

Heifer/cow 1
I would use Who Made Who if you are looking to downsize and you can also go with simmi. 3C Macho never gave us a bunch of size on our cows. He was pretty moderate. Who Da Man would also be intersting on her since she has some volume and size. His semen is harder to come by but when they are good they are really good.

Cow 2

Alias, Heat Seeker, Who. Wouldn't get much size with these.