What to flush to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

furinsilex

Dad is letting me flush his angus donor. She is a B/R New Frontier x EXT  http://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl.aspx?aid=FAAAAOHF5TqPIaAzdc3W9rNMCsjFjZ%2f4Znm1oUrBqH5qjC4M&time=KgAAAOi7aq3Nd2%2b1FYKQTPi%2fhRidAVqJlDZQeOYZO3ZyGZwzcfYo5Uy9LHRNcXugXZDQdg%3d%3d I am looking for some opinions on what to flush to.  First of all my main focus is FEMALES and my programs focus is more on the showring than production and epds compared to most Angus producuers.  So obviously bull suggestions need to be Reg Angus
Previsouly she has been flushed to 263C and Objective 2T22, along with recently to Macho havent seen many calves out of these sires other than objective and they were alittle bolder fronted and narrower made than iwanted. 
Some sires i had considered were 3000C and Hot Rod.

photo.php

TottenClubCalves

If your looking for showring success but having a registered angus I would look at Silverais Style. Theres a picture of him on Topsires and I have seen the bull in person and he is a game changer imo. Big Topped, smooth fronted, bone and what alot of angus need imo a BUTT!  (lol). I would check him out

furinsilex

Will Clip For Food said:
If your looking for showring success but having a registered angus I would look at Silverais Style. Theres a picture of him on Topsires and I have seen the bull in person and he is a game changer imo. Big Topped, smooth fronted, bone and what alot of angus need imo a BUTT!  (lol). I would check him out

Thats what i have heard from many but heard from guys that i respect that he doesnt have enough rib so he is one i will have to wait to see some calves from, not saying i wont ever use him but i want to see more before i jump on the bandwagon.

furinsilex

alson since the pic didnt show up alittle about her.  She is a tank.  Big boddied wide ribbed, sound, decent assed for an angus and has a ton of ass.  Really has decent bone but not overwhelleming.  Needs to be exteded through her front 1/3 and maybe softened up just a tad, along with giving her more "look"

TottenClubCalves

Well when I saw him in person I thought he had plenty of rib for my liking. But if your cow has a ton of rib to her but need to be softened up I would keep him in mind. Def try and get a picture posted of her in the next few days would love to see what where working with

SEA

hERE ARE SOME WORTH CONSIDERING...

1. RAPTOR

2. SAV FINAL ANSWER

3. NORTHERN IMPROVEMENT

3. LUTTON OR LUT

4. 6807  or a 6807 son of your choice i.e. OCC BACKSTOP, OCC MISSING LINK

5. SAUGAHACHEE 3000 (mentioned)

6. HOT ROD (mentioned)

furinsilex

SEA said:
hERE ARE SOME WORTH CONSIDERING...

1. RAPTOR

2. SAV FINAL ANSWER

3. NORTHERN IMPROVEMENT

3. LUTTON OR LUT

4. 6807  or a 6807 son of your choice i.e. OCC BACKSTOP, OCC MISSING LINK

5. SAUGAHACHEE 3000 (mentioned)

6. HOT ROD (mentioned)

We have used Rapter before and never had very good results bc of semen quality and conception rates so i would like to stay away from that.  Lut or Lutton i think would both work but i already have a ton of those genetics so was looing to maybe use some outcross but still one i will consider (if i get more semen bought)

furinsilex

Purple Reign said:
Well when I saw him in person I thought he had plenty of rib for my liking. But if your cow has a ton of rib to her but need to be softened up I would keep him in mind. Def try and get a picture posted of her in the next few days would love to see what where working with
I have a pic on my computer and can email it but dont know how i get it online to post a url

furinsilex

furinsilex said:
Purple Reign said:
I have a pic on my computer and can email it but dont know how i get it online to post a url

http://www.foundationfemalesale.com/cows.html lot 6

SAHA

This is what we are flushing to right now. Cows are Fullback, B/R New Frontier, SAF Fame,  New Look.
1: Silvieras Style
2: Bismarck
3: Raven
4: Titleist

Natural Calves out of these bulls (2,3,4) have been impressive.....We are rolling the dice with Silvieras Style...

vcsf

furinsilex said:
Purple Reign said:

I hope that I got the right picture for you.

Attachments

• Couch_Cow_555.jpg
    Couch_Cow_555.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 185

furinsilex

vcsf said:
furinsilex said:
Purple Reign said:

I hope that I got the right picture for you.

yea thats the right one never have figured that out

CAB

If I were a young breeder and I could have a flush, I would try to make sure that every calf was a heifer to get a huge jump start on my base. So it'd have to be sexed semen and out of something that was proven very well maternally. Just my 2 cents worth. I would try to find an old Angus breeder and try to listen to his opinions.

SEA

If your GOAL, is to produce replacement females, or COWS, not just show heifers, as your first objective, then here is what I would do...

Get on the internet and check websites, pull out all your Dad's and your Bull Reference Catalogs, call your area Semen Representatives and ask them... "What PB Angus Bulls do your have sexed female semen available from?"  Then if you have a preference for a certain bull or breeder not found commercially, phone the breeder and inquire if he/she has any sexed semen available, and on what bulls, at what price.

Then do your research on these particular bulls, and make your selection from that list.

Purchase two or three Straw's (depending on your program or your Vet reccommendations) of 5 ml semen.

GOOD LUCK!!  <beer>

flacowman

I would follow SEA's advice but I'll make my recommendation...FUTURE FOCUS...I have seen the bull in person and probably 40 calves out of him and the heifers are even better than the bulls.  I've also seen a couple of first calf heifers out of him and they were phenomenal in every way.  I also know for a fact that when one of the owners ultrasounded calves the future focuses outscanned his purebred chars out of top carcass bulls in that breed.  He had one 11 month old heifer that he is now flushing that scanned a 18 inch ribeye and graded high choice YG 2...food for thought, he'll keep your epd's in good shape too.  his accuracies aren't the best yet but I haven't seen any calves that didn't do him justice

showsteerdlux

Who handles the Future Focus bull, I haven't heard of him before.

My recommendations would be Hot Rod, Bismark (sexed), Marathon, Lookout (sexed), Payday (sexed), and Northern Improvement.

flacowman

I know ABS has him, the other services I don't know about.  He's an IN FOCUS son.  I can also call one of the owners if anyone can't find semen they want.  I'm not sure about sexed semen on him though.