What wash products do you use?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

What do you use to wash your cattle with?
I love the eZall products. The total body wash really comes out & doesn't leave a lot of residue. I only use it about once a week though. Used to just just dawn or a cheap shampoo.
What are the suggestions for conditioner? I've been told that Maine n Tail works really well. Know it can leave a bulid-up on humans, does it do the same for cattle? I just use Sauve or something I can ger for less than $1 a bottle. Any better ideas?

Red

shortyjock89

Joy, Dawn, Suave.  Any of those for daily washing if needed.  I ususally just rinse and use Sullivan's Clear Choice once a week or so.  I also use Mane n' Tail conditioner or Suave conditioner 3 times a week or so. 

Jill

We use whatever is cheap, usually joy for at home washing.  When we clip and when we are at a show we use the EZ Total Body Wash.  We also use Mane and Tail, we mix with water in a EZall sprayer and hose it on that way.

red

great idea Jill! Never thought about using the sprayer for that. I never could get the condtioner all over even before.

Red

ROAD WARRIOR

We use dawn dish soap (not antibacterial!) and mix repelex in the rinse water. Comb and brush it in and then blow it out - when almost dry apply our "home brew" . Part infusium 23 leave in formula (conditioner) part olive oil and part alcohol. Brush in vigoresly and blow out until dry. Work legs with roto brush and body with a rice root brush and plastic fluffer comb. Keeps hair alive with alot of "pop" even on the bad haired ones.

cowz

ROAD WARRIOR said:
We use dawn dish soap (not antibacterial!) and mix repelex in the rinse water. Comb and brush it in and then blow it out - when almost dry apply our "home brew" . Part infusium 23 leave in formula (conditioner) part olive oil and part alcohol. Brush in vigoresly and blow out until dry. Work legs with roto brush and body with a rice root brush and plastic fluffer comb. Keeps hair alive with alot of "pop" even on the bad haired ones.

What ratio do you mix the Infusium, olive oil and alcohol?  thirds?  Are you using rubbing alcohol?  Tx!

ROAD WARRIOR

For winter shows mix about equal thirds. For summer show I back off the oil quite a bit and add a little more alchohol. I use the alchohol that I buy at the local farm supply store by the gallon unless I can find some "shine". Wouldn't drink the stuff on a bet but it really makes the hair pop. Also if you have one that has danderuff try ragging this mix into the hair at night before you turn them out. It will take care of most dander in about a week or less. After 30 years on the road I should have learned something - now if I could just remember it! Good luck!

NHR

We just rinse with water everyday if they are clean and then pour on water/mane and tail mixture. If they are dirty we will wash with joy and then pour on water/mane and tail mixture. We then blow dry just enough to get the hair in the right direction and then blow in  a little kleen sheen. Since it is summer we leave them damp. In the winter we add rag oil in the kleen sheen and try to get them completley dry. The key is to use the rice root brush as much as possible. We add vinegar to the pour on when dandruff is a problem.

Just what we do, we are always looking for better ways!

NHR

www.navarrohillsranch.com

NHR Shorthorns

Daily hair care is one of the most over looked tasks, in young people and show cattle.
Thats great you got all the mass in the world but if you dont have the hair, you dont stand a chance.

Red animals= Joy soap in the ez-all foamer
                        mane and tail
                            Sheen
                          my secret HAIR CRACK

White animals=  OXYCLEAN pouder mixed in foamer "Got two foamers" use the one without bleach
                          mane and tail
                            Sheen
                          my secret HAIR CRACK