what were you in high school? or are now?

Help Support Steer Planet:

what cliche were you in high school? or are now?

• jock

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • cheerleader

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • farmer geek

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • brainy nerd

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • just was a cloud of smoke!

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • total outcast

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters

Doc

shortdawg said:
Shy, red-neck, hard working farm boy that liked showing pigs. Star Greenhand, Star Chapter Farmer, State Farmer, & American Farmer and also Best Student in ART my senior year( bet nobody had me pegged for an artist  ???). Loved drawing !

Hey Shortdawg, did the beret that you wore in art class have your Georgia bulldog on it? ;D

cattlejunky

Well I was a combo of things also.  Jockette as I like to call it: volleyball & softball, band, pon pom girl, & showed cattle.
Now show cattle & football mom, wife, still play volleyball and ref volleyball.  or as I refer to it jill of all trades.

jimmyski

I was many things, but the main thing would be OVERINVOLVED. I played 3 sports (Football, Wrestling, and Baseball), FBLA and FFA Officer, student council member, and a peer counselor/big brother. Also in 4-H, showing cattle for 11 years and sheep for 5.

Lindsey Farms

I Played baseball, golf, and ran cross country (to try to stay in shape for baseball season)
Showed steers and heofers almost every weekend i could
FFA officer 3 years
NHS
Also took all dual credit and AP classes and graduated high school with 30 college hours

so i dont know which category i go in

HSV

There were very few farm kids at the highschool that I attended. I think I was one of about only 3 or 4 that showed beef calves. There wasn't much of an Ag group to fit into. I didn't have a lot of fun or form many lasting friendships until I hit University and was registered in an Ag program. It was great to be with so many others with similar backgrounds and interests.

Diamond

humm, I don't think I have a category, I didn't go to an AG school and was the only one in my school to show cattle. I was the kind who would never go to class and still got honors. I would never back down and would stand for what I believed in, even if it was with an argument with a teacher. I also was that kid everyone asked for advice, mature/wise beyond my years...even though I did have manure on my boots.

bcosu

played just about every sport offered at one point or another and was never bad. definately an underachiever but sailed thru easily with very little effort. i could compete with the jocks but debate with the nerdier kids at the same time. i found that liking everybody helped make sure that everyone liked you. kind of like the golden rule, treat others how you would like to be treated.

Bawndoh

Everyone did and still does call me the 4-H kid, and obsessed with cows.  Deep down I know they were jealous they could not go on so many trips and have so much fun travelling and competing and doing what I truely LOVED.  Every day I had to ride the bus for an hour, do chores (hand feed 4-10 head of cattle), halter break, and work hair, pail feed 100-200 head, and THEN maybe have time to hang out in town with everyone.  Granted I would have to drive another 20 miles back to town, after showering and beautifying.
I just laughed when people started talking about "responsibility" as 14 year olds.  I knew I outdid them, but they never thought so.  After graduating and going through College, I can still pride myself in my ability to take responsiblities seriously, and will spend HOURS making sure everything is all safe and sound.  In College I would wake at about 6am to go and feed my horse.  Everyone thought I was crazy because I would willingly go out into the -30 celcius weather to happily feed my palimino mare at 6am.  I thought they were crazy because they never knew what true "responsibility" ever was.

Latest posts