what works best

Help Support Steer Planet:

lewscrew

I have some 4yr old simm-angus cow I want to AI, just wanting to know what works. thay are 1500# or so and sound would like to stay black

Thanks for the help

lewscrew

steers for my two boys to show or show heifers also that chould be the next moms. Only going to AI 7 of them so I cansee how it works.

Thanks

lewscrew

I'm thinking about using naughty pine, Q dog or eyes on the money

I also have 4 pb angus heifers that I'm thinking of using Jesse James
any thoughts

Dyer Show cattle

My Eyes on the money, My turns, and sunseekers have been the best out of my simm cows. I bred some simm x cows for a neighbor to Qdog, have not seen them in a while to see how they are turning out. So far all my eyes on the money have been black or black whiteface out of black white face cows. Kinda expecting to see a red one with red hot in his backround but it hasnt showed up at my place yet. All of My Turns have been black, black whiteface. Sunseekers have all been Solid black and a few solid reds out of cows with red backrounds. The heifers I would stay away from anything clubbie, just my experience. None of my cows get bred clubbie until they are ready to have their 3rd calf. I like not having problems with heifers and 2nd calvers. I like purebred angus and purebred simm with proven low birthwieght EPDs and proven accuracy for heifers. I have a purebred HC Hummer son low birthwieght bull that is throwing better calves out of heifers and cows than some of the AI sires I have used in the past. And they calve on their own.