What works on Heat Wave Daughters?

Help Support Steer Planet:

cotullaguy

What bull works on Heat Wave daughters?  Anyone had good results with a particular bull? 

Easy

House Call will work on them to put some maternal back in them and still have the look for steers. He is also PHA and TH free.

horseshoe b

cotullaguy said:
What bull works on Heat Wave daughters?  Anyone had good results with a particular bull? 
     " THE PACKING HOUSE"       heat wave daughters are to terminal, and have small  pelvics, they also would take the milk out of a jersey in one generation,    for  crying out loud females are suppossed to be maternal, no wonder people that raise club calves get laughed at by the real cattle men.    we are never going to get clubbies  headed in the rt. direction by keeping heat wave daughters.   keep more maternal  angus, simmis, or even some maines,  then breed them to terminal bulls for show steers,    sorry had to vent  tired of pulling big calves that have no vigor, and then end up cripple, a won't grow

CJC

horseshoe b said:
cotullaguy said:
What bull works on Heat Wave daughters?  Anyone had good results with a particular bull?  
     " THE PACKING HOUSE"       heat wave daughters are to terminal, and have small  pelvics, they also would take the milk out of a jersey in one generation,    for  crying out loud females are suppossed to be maternal, no wonder people that raise club calves get laughed at by the real cattle men.    we are never going to get clubbies  headed in the rt. direction by keeping heat wave daughters.   keep more maternal  angus, simmis, or even some maines,  then breed them to terminal bulls for show steers,    sorry had to vent  tired of pulling big calves that have no vigor, and then end up cripple, a won't grow
You go horseshoe b. (thumbsup)

herefordfootball

Not all Heat Wave daughters are just junk,cripples who are too terminal to ever amount to anything. I've seen many which I would of loved to had out in my pasture. As for what works on them. I've seen a lot of Dr. Whos and Alis come out of the cross looking like gold. Just my opinion and experiecnes.

rtmcc

My brother-in-law Used the Angus bull Dark Horse on his Heatwave X whw cows.  His first heifer calf from that mix looks fantastic.  He is hoping to be able to produce the next generation of club calf momma's with this mating.  Looks good so far.

SPL

I have been told Tycoon works well on Heat Waves.  i've bred a couple that way, so we'll see how it turns out.

cotullaguy

horseshoe b said:
cotullaguy said:

At one time some people said the same about Sugar Ray Daughters.

LFFASHOWER

I have a heatwave heifer right now and i plan on breeding her either too ali, ali 2 or tyson. not sure but hoping for the best good thing the bet lives a mile away  ;D

knabe

cotullaguy said:
At one time some people said the same about Sugar Ray Daughters.

because they could be bred to a wider variety of bulls than sugar ray could to a smaller variety of cows because they were more moderate than him which i don't think will be the case with heat wave daughters.  maybe those "angus" daughters with mustache's worked out pretty good too to increase the size of angus.  an ildeno fan till the end.

DakotaCow

There is a really good reason that Heatwave daughters work so well as Market heifers, because they were born the wrong sex! Sure there are some of his daughters that will be successful in an embryo program but they leave the job of actually being cows to the recips. I have a feeling the simmy deal is so hot now because people just realized that they need cows to have some maternal value to them, the simmental breed has been there just waiting for this time of realization. Think about it, they have all the right pieces, rugged heavy structured, dual purpose cattle that can produce high performing calves that feed well and daughters that milk well and are very maternal. Good females need to do some pretty miraculous things when you think about it and even more so when you put standards on cows. They have to have calves without trouble, MILK WELL, breed back on time for that desireble 365 calving day window, wean a calf that is healthy and will go on feed and do whatever you have bred your cattle to do. One year wonder cows hold no value in the real world either, and the cost of developing heifers for replacement stock is far too great to be asking only 7 or 8 calves out of a cow.

CAB

Why do you all  think that there so many HW daughters in some of the big boy's sales this year? My guess is that they are cleaning house!! Just an uneducated guess.

cotullaguy

How about breeding or flushing these Heat Wave daughters back to Full Flush?  I wonder what that would do?

Bone2011

CAB said:
Why do you all  think that there so many HW daughters in some of the big boy's sales this year? My guess is that they are cleaning house!! Just an uneducated guess.
Just tired of meeting himself with trailerloads of cows going to the vet for C-sections!