What would be your ultimate bull/cow mating?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

Since it is raining, thought I'd see what we can come up with! If you could have access to any semen & any cow, no worry about the cow/bull being already dead or semen cost. what would be your ultimate combination for a bull & cow? Also would you want a heifer or bull?
I'm still thinking this one over but thought I'd let someone start!

Red (welcome)

knabe

mr. beefy (an amerifax bull) x the mother of cunia
Hi Point, a freisian bull x 10 different low milking daughters of popular club calf sires
shandon ali (freisian bull) x 10 diff........
ohlde's 1019 cow x gt shear force
ohlde's 1019 cow x dividend

for starters

shortyjock89

Cunia x HS Nobody's Fool

Trump x Weston Dynamo daughter

K&A Shakedown or Cunia x Lindsey Sunshine (Sonny x NDSU Sparky)....this is my favorite cow in my herd..she has awesome calved...I wanna see what would happen.

red

I'd love to see Cunia & Foreplay's dam a Total Power x Angus cow.

Red

Attachments

• Foreplay's dam.jpg
    Foreplay's dam.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 380

OH Breeder

[size=10pt]Attached are my picks.First is a foundation female Deerpark Tulip  The second female is Little Cedar mary a TANK.and I would use TPS Coronet Leader 21st. IF i had lots of Sonny semen then throw some Sonny on them as well. [/size]

Attachments

• DeerparkTulip5th.jpg
    DeerparkTulip5th.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 334
  • 53_DFS_LittleCedar_Mary_102__DAM.jpg
    53_DFS_LittleCedar_Mary_102__DAM.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 362
  • TPSCoronetLeader.jpg
    TPSCoronetLeader.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 378

OH Breeder

shortyjock89 said:
Cunia x HS Nobody's Fool

Trump x Weston Dynamo daughter

K&A Shakedown or Cunia x Lindsey Sunshine (Sonny x NDSU Sparky)....this is my favorite cow in my herd..she has awesome calved...I wanna see what would happen.
Shorty...
I am not sure but you probably have seen this. Take a look. Western Dynamo Daughter out of Little Cedar mary.

Attachments

• Little CedarWeston mary.jpg
    Little CedarWeston mary.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 337
  • DFS Little Cedar Mary.jpg
    DFS Little Cedar Mary.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 341

shortyjock89

OH Breeder-  I first became interested in Dynamo progeny when i saw that page in the Great Shorthorn Revival.  Just think what kind of calf you could get by putting some Trump on that.  You're right that Coronet Leader would produce a phenomenal calf.  I like those old-school genetics and would love to see that type of maternal ability brought back into the limelight.

genes

She is gorgeous cow.  The kind that makes you say wow.

OH Breeder

shortyjock89 said:
OH Breeder-  I first became interested in Dynamo progeny when i saw that page in the Great Shorthorn Revival.  Just think what kind of calf you could get by putting some Trump on that.  You're right that Coronet Leader would produce a phenomenal calf.  I like those old-school genetics and would love to see that type of maternal ability brought back into the limelight.
I was in Tennessee a couple weeks ago. I had purchased some TPS Coronet Leader 21st semen from a gentleman. He flushed a cow to one of the ampules. He got one of he coolest roan heifers. Granted she was only a november but the spring of rib and the natural thickness was amazing. Just on grass and momma's milk she had great cover. It just amazes me that you are looking at semen that is 30 plus years old and there is a heifer from him. Now I am excited and really want to find the right mating with my own. I agree with you. Maybe bring some of those charateristics back that Shorthorns were known for.

sjcattleco

So what  are you going to use it on?  It really suprises me who buys Leader 21 and what they say they are going to do with it....

shortyjock89

sjcattleco said:
So what  are you going to use it on?  It really suprises me who buys Leader 21 and what they say they are going to do with it....

Doesn't someone in the breed (I think it is either Milestone or Schrags) have and embryo sharing program? I would do something like that because it opens up a world of opportunity.  I think I would use Coronet Leader on maybe one of those Augusta Pride's or maybe a Nobody's Fool cow.  Maybe even a Mona Lisa.  OR, I would really like to see McFarland's Rainbow Snowflower cow flushed to Coronet Leader.  At 11 years of age, she is the most solid cow I have seen. She seriously looks like a 4 year old even being on pasture and having a 5 month old bull calf at side.

OH Breeder

sjcattleco said:
Elbee give me some good ideas. My Shorthorns are a mix of old and new. Byland Cindy Beauty, Double Vision, Bad Moon Rising, Astra cow family, Ar Su Lu as well. I have all different types in my females. Elbee suggested the Byland cow as she has the most size. Larger framed long necked and big bodied. Little flatter made than the clubbier shorthorns.
I checked out that female Shortyjock....nice.
I am still weighing my options. I would like to try and split the ampule in a flush of some sort. So, I will keep thinking.