What would you breed her to?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

This is a THF dtr of Sabre out of a Red Rider Drive/ Irish Lassie cow. If you were going to breed her clubby & try also for some blue roans at the same time , what would you suggest?

Attachments

• 265.jpg
    265.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 345

herefordfootball

Manchild would be my first choice for sure. Maybe Moody Blues, but I havent seen any of his calves in person only in pics, but they were nice. I think he didnt get used as much, so didnt get that BIG TIME name, but I still kinda like him.

oakbar

We've been using Who Made Who and Hannibal on our white/light roan cows and overall we've bee pretty pleased with the result.  Don't be suprised if you get an almost entirely black calf out of your cow--probably with a roan in the tail, underline, or head.  We get just as many colored like that out of Homo black bulls as we do the true blue roans.  Good Luck!!

Oakbar

OH Breeder

First saw her I immediately said Hannibal. He would give her some extension in the front. I would not use Moody Blues as he will not add a ton of neck extension and he is a double carrier. His females have not done a wonder of good either. Who Made Who himself would give you a cool front end and follow her pattern as far as depth of rib. Heat Seeker would give you body and some muscle shape, but may not add any length or size either. There is a whole host of blues, Manchild, Rainmaker that could be used. Doc you know Calberta Black Impact would also work on her as it would give some size length of body and should be nice fronted.
Those are my picks.

shortdawg

Hannibal, Who Made Who, or maybe even Northern Improvement for a quality 1/2 blood replacement.

amss101

I AM LEGEND - should really whistle that front and add lots of mass plus the ever desired "killer profile"  j.m.o.

sue

I called a club calf friend earlier this spring about a club calf/steer flush on a female with a front end like your white sabre daughter:

we tried captain and he made her too traditional ( did not make the zipper front ) so he he suggested abertees Rock and roll train - purebred Shorty steers are hard to come by so I am suggesting the pure mating? Any one can make a plus steer and she looks like she has enough rib for a championship drive?? good luck