What would you do??

Help Support Steer Planet:

zak

On accident My herd bull bred his mother. I would just give a shot of lot but she is around 6 months pregnant. Should i just let her go full term and see what i get?

Mainevent

At this point I'd say just let it go, I had the same problem, 11 month old bull calf we showed bred his maternal sib didn't catch it till 7 months, let it go ended alright for us

Limiman12

Tight line breeding is pretty common in other species......    As long  there are no TH or PHA concerns I would not be worried.....  If the cow is a good one it may turn into something......  I know dad had an old herd bull back in the 80's that bred maternal sibs, and probably a few daughters.  Had that bull in service for seven years,  I am sure many of our best cows still carry that bull more then once in their pedigree.

renegadelivestock

I knew of a shorty heifer that was bred close like that, (a.i tech bred the wrong cow, and a goldspear daughter got bred goldspear). and she was flat awesome

Bradenh

We bred all of our heifers back to their daddy for 6 years before we swapped bulls, he was calving ease, defect free, and good never had an issue

Simbeef10

I have kept a couple hiefers where the bull bred his mother.  The oldest calved last year and has a nice bull calf.  It promotes the good genetics as well as the issues, so as long as your using good stack; you should be OK