What's everyones thoughts on the bull Hairy Bear?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I am looking for a bull to raise females.  I want something registered 3/8 maine or better.  Hairy Bear is out of Lifeline but I can't seem to find a registration in the Maine Data Base.  Does anyone know about his Maine status?  What's the bull like?  What else is their for a moderate framed, low percent Maine bull that will raise females and halve the look?  Need to be soggy and downsize?

Thanks,

RSC

showsteerdlux

I sure have seen some nice calves out of him this year. The heifers seem to be thick, structurally correct, good rib and still feminine. I think tree lane farms sold a heifer out of him this year for somewhere around 12,000 so if you get the right combination it could be a money maker. Its nice that he is negative on both. How about Kadabra? seems to be consistent on producing easy doing females. Maybe even hostage. Alot of people have said that he is producing some great females. I know Irish Whiskey is a carrier for PHA but would it be worth a try on a negative cow??

RSC

showsteerdlux said:
I sure have seen some nice calves out of him this year. The heifers seem to be thick, structurally correct, good rib and still feminine. I think tree lane farms sold a heifer out of him this year for somewhere around 12,000 so if you get the right combination it could be a money maker. Its nice that he is negative on both. How about Kadabra? seems to be consistent on producing easy doing females. Maybe even hostage. Alot of people have said that he is producing some great females. I know Irish Whiskey is a carrier for PHA but would it be worth a try on a negative cow??
Do you know is he registerd Maine(Hairy Bear)?

Thanks,

RSC

showsteerdlux

I couldn't find if he was or not. Seems he would since he is out of Lifeline who is 3/4. Can't guarantee it though. Just call Lautners.

OH Breeder

RSC,
Last year I saw a steer out of Hairy Bear and he was an easy feeder and was thick made. He did not have a ton of hair but was structurely correct. I liked him and he did well in his class. I have never used him personally.
I seached Chi registery too and found nothing as well. Lautner's sight doesn't say he's registered.

Jill

54MA0650 Semex shows his cane code with a MA prefix, but I don't find him in the sire list and it shows him as a composite on the Semex website, but Genetic Horizons shows him as a Maine-Anjou.  I would say call Lautner, he may be registered under a different name.