Whats Missing

Help Support Steer Planet:

Diamond

my young stock is on a 14% grain, cracked and powdered corn and citrus pulp mix. Is there anything I should add or change to get more performance out of my calves without braking the bank?

Hows cotton seed wholes?

6M Ranch

Are you feeding your own mix, or a ready made feed?  What are your calves' weights?  If you're just getting started, I would recommend a ready-made feed.  Purina, Umbargers, Ranchway, etc.

red

I'm not fimilar w/ citrus pulp mix. Can you explain what it is?

Red

showsteerdlux

Citrus pulp is like beet pulp except it doesnt have as much nutritional value. Its used for more of a filler than anything. Its a cheap byproduct from places like orange juice factories that dont put the pulp in the juice.

red

thanks so much!
That would be a good topic- feedstuffs for geographical areas.

Red

Diamond

its my own mix that im using.. The calves range between 2weeks and 9 months of age. They also get high quality pasture and wrapped/round bales in the winter time. They are growing well off the mix (and I cant rememeber the grains contents in detail) but I was thinking of adding something to give them that extra bloom. I can get showchow and dumor in my area and thats about it, I know sghowchow has a good rep. but has anyone tried dumor?