what's your favorite Chi-Influence bull to use on heifers?

Help Support Steer Planet:

5PCC

I have a low percentage Chi heifer out of Monopoly Money that I want to AI to a Chi-Influence bull. My heifer is moderate framed and pretty thick. She has a super pretty front. I'm looking for a bull that is clean on all of the genetic testing and is known for calving ease. What's your advice/suggestion?

Telos

I-67 might prove to be a good calving ease bull. I would check to see how the calves are coming.

ZNT

5PCC said:
I have a low percentage Chi heifer out of Monopoly Money that I want to AI to a Chi-Influence bull. My heifer is moderate framed and pretty thick. She has a super pretty front. I'm looking for a bull that is clean on all of the genetic testing and is known for calving ease. What's your advice/suggestion?

Not sure how much chi you are needing, but ZNT Triple X is 6.446% chi, and has proven himself for years as a low birthweight sire for heifers.  He is clean on both TH and PHA, and can add just a little bit of growth to a moderate, thick made heifer. Below is a link to his pedigree.  He is a full sib to the dam of Montego Bay and Moves Like Jagger. Triple X is also registered as a 3/4 Maine, so all his offspring can be registered as Mainetainers.

http://www.acaregistry.org/detail.aspx?reg=319149

Semen available through SEK, Bull Barn, or any of his owners.

MID MO

RDD Polo was Dieter Brothers calving ease bull.  RDD New Direction was awesome on heifers but he is a NH Carrier.  I don't know about finding semen.  You might track down Justin Holt.  You will probably have to go back in time to find a Chi heifer bull with any more than 6%.  ZNT's cattle will probably help to add some maternal influence to your heifer as well.

Telos

I also think ZNT's Triple X is an awesome choice. Great udders and a lot of maternal. He is your cow maker that can also be double registered..