Wheat harvest

Help Support Steer Planet:

kanshow

How's that looking for anyone who has wheat?    We just got started here in our part of Kansas.  It's too early to tell what yields are.

It would seem that conditions are pretty favorable for double cropping this year too. 

BCCC

We have had people going for about 2 weeks now, we havent cut ours yet, how ever we have only gotten 1.5 inches of rain since LAST APRIL (like april 2007)  :'(

aj

I heard goodland or wheeler kansas took a load of wheat in today. Goodland Ks has had 4 inches of precip for the year ...yes I said for the year so wheat on the sandy soil up around Wheeler is starting to be wheeled in. I talked to some grad students from K.U. a couple days ago. There is a archeology dig going on at Kanarado again. They loved it out here cause no mosquito's and not many flies. The prarie dogs look like they are starving out there on the Kansas-Colorado state line. No wonder they sell Foster's beer in Burlington Colorado. Most wheat here is probably 7-10 days out though. Hope it drys out for everybody else back east.

red

our wheat is looking really good. We usually are cutting the first of July but will be a little later this year. w/ the weather some is flattened in places. Just hoping no sprouted wheat. When I graded grain that was the biggest pain ever! since it removes the bran the wheat isn't worth much.

Red