When do you know your lot needs cleaning?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

With the wet weather we're way behind on hauling out the slop & manure. How can you tell when too much is too much?

1. when you loose both your boot & sock in the slop

2. when a corgi comes in & he has slop all the way up onto his back.

3. when the cows are putting together a petition!

anymore or is it just us?

Red  ???

BRdoc

When your wife gets so ticked off, she says...I'm never coming out here again
(By the way, my wife is the best hand I've ever had)

OH Breeder

When you can change the light bulbs without a ladder or bucket to stand on. Sometimes the cows change them for you.
I know what you mean Red. WHEW, I can't wait til it drys out a bit. Lots to clean here.

OH Breeder

knabe said:
when people compliment you on your new lowlines.

I am laughing out loud on that one. No offense TJ.  :D

Knabe,
Whats up with the pic in your profile? Kind of scarin' me.

knabe

OH Breeder said:
Knabe,

i was having a grump off.  i'll look for another.

no offense tj on the lowlines.  i used to have a neighbor where this was actually true, except she had horses.  i think she had about 15 horses in stalls up to their knees.  she was relieved of some of the horses thankfully.  she was really scary, one of those cat horders, even dead ones in the house allowed to decay.  one time she answered the door naked holding a cat, and asked my if i wanted to go hot tubbing.  i kinda shuffled my feet and said i had to finish handing out water board election notices.  what was even scarier was how her husband could live there so long.  he crashed his helicopter with both of them in it one time behind their house where it sat till they moved.  looking back, maybe he was just trying to kill her.

red

knabe said:
OH Breeder said:
Knabe,

she was really scary, one of those cat horders, even dead ones in the house allowed to decay.  one time she answered the door naked holding a cat, and asked my if i wanted to go hot tubbing.  i kinda shuffled my feet and said i had to finish handing out water board election notices.  what was even scarier was how her husband could live there so long.  he crashed his helicopter with both of them in it one time behind their house where it sat till they moved.  looking back, maybe he was just trying to kill her.

Ah, that's going to be me in about 30 years. 100 cats & corgis all living together w/ me. Almost to the point of the nude, forget we're in the middle of nothing & streak through the house. Hope no one comes to the door or I don't ever get too senile!  :eek:

Red

cowz

When the last five cows you have sorted off because they haven't calved yet form a conspiracy.  They crawl through the feed bunk and try to start the skid loader themselves.....sad, sad day!

kanshow

When you start selecting EPD's for Webbed Feet so your cattle can swim thru the muck. 

GLZ

When your cows quack.

I am glad it isn't just me.

We are now at 21 inches of rain since March 1.  Not to mention the heaviest snowfall in years.  The barns and lots are making me miserable, but what can you do.

justintime

You guys are making me turn green with envy!!! We have had less than 1 inch of rain and snow combined since the last week of June 07. It is as dry as i have ever seen here ... and I have seen some very dry weather. Most of North Dakota is the same. I delivered a bull to Minot last week and I did not see anything growing even on the edge of the pavement. Most of Western Canada is OK for moisture except for a strip along the US border.... and that is where I am located. I thought I had over 2 years supply of hay however we started feeding in September, which makes for a very long winter. Lots are out of feed and with grain and hay prices so high, cattlemen are really hoping it rains soon.

Malinda

True story----

Several years ago I went on a farm call with a vet friend of mine. It was an evening emergency for a down cow at a dairy.

When we pulled in the drive the hired hand was in the drive and pointed us to a barn. Well, there was a gate in front of the barn door and the manure inside the barn was EVEN WITH THE TOP OF THE GATE. We managed to get over the gate into the barn with all the stuff we thought we needed from the car. We see the down cow and head that way. I suddenly hear this UGGGGH and turned to see the vet waist deep in a slop hole. Good thing it wasn't me waist deep in the muck, it would have taken ropes, chains, pulleys and a backhoe to get me out!!

We hoist the vet out of the muck and THEN the hired hand says: "Watch where you walk, there are three more of those holes." I said: "You go first!"

I think if we looked around in the muck we would probably have found bovine bones. Unbelievable place. It was owned by a couple that were both physicians. Needless to say the vet made a few phone calls and they weren't selling anymore milk.

I can't be the pot calling the kettle black. As I sit here it is pouring rain and I only have the manure out of one of four barns.

Everyone have a good day,

Malinda