When to send in samples?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I know this is probably a preference thing but is it best to send your bloodwork in before you register a calf?
What is the thoughts on this? If you don't have the registrtion number what do you use to identify them as? Their tattoo number?

Also, if you are waiting for PHA results, it is best to call SEK instead of the lab. SEK's number is 1-800-443-6389.
If DL or Barrel Racer have anyting different, let us know!

Thanks,
Red

DL

I have used the name and herd ID - so for the Maines herd prefix, number, letter or just number and letter. Esp for PHA since the test is not officially licenced yet there are no "official results" so we will be depending on people being honest

LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS OH NO!!!

I think sending the sooner the better so (a) you have results by the time you "need" them, (b) you (generic you) maybe it should be we don't drive Dr B and Barrel Racer insane (then where would we be?? ) and (c) so we don't drive poor Donna at SEK insane.......

steers4u

Not sure on oth3r breeds but with Simmental unless you want to do it twice you need to do it with an official blood kit to also verify parentage at the same time to prevent any cheating or errors.