When will she calve?

Help Support Steer Planet:

LinZ

So...as I sit waiting for my heifer to calve I figured I'd have some fun and take guesses on when she will calve. (pop) She is due April 13th. She is PB simmy and bred to a PB simmy. She's already pretty strutted out(at least thats my term for it) basically her quarters are VERY full. She's very loose and is already have alot of discharge. I'm pretty excited for her baby. It already has a LIME GREEN leather show halter from brahmergirl to wear. So any guess while I'm waiting?

red

Are we going to have a pool on Linz calf?
Ok, I'll take April 1 or April Fools day!
Good luck!!

Red

justme

lol you sound like us.  We make friendly wagers on when the cow will calve.  I lost on the first calf of the year by a couple hours darn it!

LinZ

On a more serious not..how early is too early for her to calve? Where it puts the calf in serious danger?

LinZ

red

Linz, good question! I'd much rather DL put her spin on this but this is what I know. If they're born too early their lungs won't have developed properly. Also may not have a good coat of hair & teeth might not all be erupted. I believe that if they are born more than 2 weeks early, they have less chance of survival.
I know DL had a calf that was born a month early once. It had no hair to speak of, soft hooves & teeth not erupted. She saved it but it ended up getting hit by lightning. Life sucks sometimes!
Good luck

Red

Latest posts