Where are all the Junior Nationals being held in 09?

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I would like to know where the Charolais and Maine Junior Nationals are being held in 09?  And for that matter, Hereford, Shorthorn, Angus, Chi, and others?

Thanks,

RSC

shortyjock89

Shorthorns are in Springfield, IL in 09.  The first Jr. Nationals were held there too, and MY first Jr. Nationals were as well.  I should know where the Herf nationals are, but I can't remember.....

justme

Maines and Chi's are at Murfeesboro (sp) TN together again.  a week or two earlier in June than this years

bluffcountrycattle

Actually I think the Angus Jr's (black angus that is) are in Perry, GA in 2009, and will head to Denver in 2010...

SWMO

Charolais are in Sacramento.  No offense to you west coasters but that is far to far for us to travel with cattle.  It will certainly be a numbers killer for the Charolais Jr Nationals IMO.  Hopefully we get a regional show put together for those of us that aren't going to make the trip.  Also it is moved forward to July which interfers with our county, regional and State Fair here in Missouri.  What a bummer for the kids.

the_resa86

What I was told is that the MI board decided they didn't want to host them anymore. I heard there was one board member who didn't want the show and convinced everyone on the board except for one person to back out of hosting the show. I would bet that MI will not be hosting Simmy junior nationals for a long time because it seems like the Association would be in quite a bind to find a place to host a national show next summer on such short notice.

LinZ

Hmm..Interesting... I know this year they had a hard time finding a host for Eastern Regionals...My state Alabame wound up hosting but it wasnt certain til not too long before the beginning of summer.

amss101

I heard that Simmi's might be in Iniana...but I have searched some sites and couldn't find anything to "verify" that rumour....Let me know if anyone finds out.  Does simmi's have some kind of regional show?

fieldscattle

simmy nationals will be in Columbus, Indiana.  I think this is where they were going to host the eastern regionals.  Now theire will not be a eastern regionals.  I think nationals is scheduled for June28 ttru July 3

amss101

How do I find more information on going...this is our first time with a simmi.

fieldscattle

You can contact Lacey Robison at ASA or contact any of the junior trustees that are listed in The Register.  Abram Mertz is the AJSA president this year so you could contact him.