Where are you from

Help Support Steer Planet:

rtmcc

Peterson Mn.  About 10 miles north of Lanesboro, 11 miles west of Rushford,  14 south east of St. Charles and 14 miles east of Chatfield.  All this equals about 35 miles south east of Rochester Mn, home of the Mayo Clinic and IBM.  All the towns are beautiful small midwestern type places that are great places to raise kids and be involved in the community.  Just don't forget to stock up on milk or adult malted beverage before you come home.  Twenty mile round trips can really escalate the price of a box of beer!
Nasc said:
Another blast from the steerplanet forum past.

Don’t know how I missed this one the first time around but it made for a nice read this morning.

BTW The Nasc clan is from Ross County  “Chillicothe Oh”  about an hour south of Columbus and I would guess we are about an hour north of Zach & Luke.

Nasc,  I used to help a Polled Hereford outfit from Chillicothe OH.  It was Sabre Farms managed by John McBee (now the manager of Grindstone Creek Farms Simmmentals in MO)  It was on the west side of the main highway that came down from Columbus.  It was a beautiful place and also ran some cutting horses and a fare amount of cash crops.

Do you remember it and is anything still going on there?  Its probably been 20 years since I have been there.

Ron
<cowboy> <beer>

farmboy

this is a good one to bump AJ.  <beer>

250px-OHMap-doton-South_Webster.png

thats where I'm from.

South Webster is a village in northeast Scioto County, Ohio, United States. It lies along State Route 140, and the population was 764 at the 2000 census. South Webster was platted by John Bennett in 1853. South Webster hosts the Cornhole World Championship.
South Webster's mascot is the Jeeps. They were the 2006 Ohio High School Athletic Association Division IV basketball champions.

also the jeep is not your 4x4 vehicle. its the Popeye one except he's red.
eugene+the+jeep.jpg

braunvieh

I missed this one before as well.

We are from Hill City, Kansas, in the NW part of the state. 2 hours from Colorado, 1 hour from Nebraska and near nothing!!! Well I should say the geographical center of the continental US is just about 90 miles from here and the worlds largest ball of twine is too!  It's windy here on a regular basis.

AJ -- you may be the nearest SP member to me....never knew until this post came along.

the angus111

god's country!!!! sw kansas.its so flat ,we are 27 miles from Liberal and can see the town lights at night.rusty

kobo_ranch

We're here in the Heart of Texas... if you point to the center of the State you're not gonna miss us by much.
About an hour NW of Austin... and about 45 min from the largest army base of Ft Hood. (So close yet so far and different from both!) 

We live on the ranch I grew up on... 3rd Generation.  Not quite as awesome of a view as that Montana ranch... but haven't ran into a bear or Mountain Lion either!

Not a bad view if you look past the heifers behind!! lol

Hook 'em Horns!!

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    779.1 KB · Views: 434

kobo_ranch

kobo_ranch said:
We're here in the Heart of Texas... if you point to the center of the State you're not gonna miss us by much.
About an hour NW of Austin... and about 45 min from the largest army base of Ft Hood. (So close yet so far and different from both!) 

We live on the ranch I grew up on... 3rd Generation.  Not quite as awesome of a view as that Montana ranch... but haven't ran into a bear or Mountain Lion either!

Not a bad view if you look past the heifers behind!! lol

Hook 'em Horns!!
Forgot...Small town called Lampasas, we're about 10 miles West!  Pop about 8K, it was roaring the the 1920's and has lots of history, one of the oldest & prettiest Courthouses in TX
We raise mostly Dorper sheep, but also a nice herd of Maine/Angus club mommas, some goats, and enough chickens to eat fresh eggs!!)

Nasc

rtmcc

Nasc,  I used to help a Polled Hereford outfit from Chillicothe OH.  It was Sabre Farms managed by John McBee (now the manager of Grindstone Creek Farms Simmmentals in MO)  It was on the west side of the main highway that came down from Columbus.  It was a beautiful place and also ran some cutting horses and a fare amount of cash crops.

Do you remember it and is anything still going on there?  Its probably been 20 years since I have been there.

Ron

Yes I remember the McBee’s, Showed steers against the girl my last two years of 4-H. We split champions both years, I won the first she won the second. It was neat being able to compete against that crew.

The Herefords are long gone from Sabre. I think the McBee’s only lighted there two or three years and then moved on. I have wondered from time to time if the McBee’s were still in the cattle business, thanks for the update.  After the cattle operation they ran some horses out there but I’m not sure exactly what kind. Part of the land was set up as an Industrial Park but nothing has really taken off. 

Below is a link with a brief description of the property. Sabre Farm is about mid way down the page and is being advertised as a possible Industrial Park/Commercial Real Estate.
http://www.chillicotheohio.com/Econ_devel/Industrial_commercial_sites.htm

To my knowledge no livestock is being raised at Sabre now.

NASC

chambero

braunvieh said:
I missed this one before as well.

We are from Hill City, Kansas, in the NW part of the state. 2 hours from Colorado, 1 hour from Nebraska and near nothing!!! Well I should say the geographical center of the continental US is just about 90 miles from here and the worlds largest ball of twine is too!  It's windy here on a regular basis.

AJ -- you may be the nearest SP member to me....never knew until this post came along.

I went through Hill City weekend before last on my way to Nebraska pheasant hunting.

CMB

North central Indiana. 25 miles south of South Bend, 50 miles west of Ft. Wayne, 120 miles north of Indy. Right in the heart of amish land.  ;D

wrc

Stillwater Oklahoma.  1 hr north of OKC 1 hr south of Wichita Kansas, 15 miles east of I-35.  We would rather live in SW Okla, but moved up here in order to make a living, just can't seem to find a way to get back to home.