Where is everyone

Help Support Steer Planet:

itk

I just spent all afternoon trying to get one of our bulls out of the neighbors pasture. I say trying because he is still there. The cows he got in with were supposed to be tame but if we got within twenty yards of them they took off. After an hour of this we gave up and will try again tomorrow. People can make fun of our pampered ex-show heifers all they want but I will take calling them and shaking a bucket over running all over hell and back trying to coral cattle any day of the week. I hope everyone else had a better memorial day then me.

farmboy

YEAH WELL, PIGGED OUT TODAY ;D AND AFTER THAT, WE RELOCATED MY STEER TO HIS NEW PEN/FAN ROOM. I ACTUALLY LIVE ON THE HILL AND THE BARN IS DOWN BELOW AND  I WALKED HIM UP TO MY PLACE. PRETTY BIG HILL. I THINK I WORKED OFF THOSE HOT DOGS AND BURGERS ;)

Show Heifer

I'm here!!! ;D
Actually had a few breaks in the rain, so have been busy catching up!
Cows are AI'd and out to pasture....bull out......new leased bull in with heifers.....garden planted.....now am anxiously twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to dry out so I can mow hay.
Actually worked today, so no holiday here! ::)

DL

So ya missed us!? Beautiful day - working - ultrasounding cows, breeding a few, moving fence, moving the live lawn mowers, the usual - of also sheared out a few hairy cows (and I do disagree with the guy who said you can never have too much hair!). Still have more to do - always have more to do...Hope everyone had a good and safe day...

bluegrass

Been enjoying the holiday with family and friends. Went fishing this evening the Bass were biting like crazy. Wish show heifer would send us some of that rain.               
                          Matt

OH Breeder

Red and I would take a bit of rain as well. It is starting to get dry. My mother saw some dust devils in the corn field .(today we turned some cows and calves on new pasture.) . She said and I quote...."that is a sign of hot dry summer....." Gotta love the farm Euphemism. 
DING DING DING.......idea for a new thread

shortyjock89

OH Breeder said:
Red and I would take a bit of rain as well. It is starting to get dry. My mother saw some dust devils in the corn field .(today we turned some cows and calves on new pasture.) . She said and I quote...."that is a sign of hot dry summer....." Gotta love the farm Euphemism. 
DING DING DING.......idea for a new thread

We've been gettin that "million-dollar rain" the last couple days....I guess we prayed hard enough.  Last Sunday, our preacher put the corn and soybeans in the prayer requests.  (lol)

red

Hubby & spent one of the fews days w/ no brothers or no farming! Went to Applebee's to eat, did a little home improvement shopping. worked on the house. Got to sleep in till 7 this morning & just had a pleasant day.
No rain though! Hate to see those showers just split & go around us. They got 1 1/2 south of us & some north so not sure what the problem is.

Red

red

itk said:
I just spent all afternoon trying to get one of our bulls out of the neighbors pasture. I say trying because he is still there. The cows he got in with were supposed to be tame but if we got within twenty yards of them they took off. After an hour of this we gave up and will try again tomorrow. People can make fun of our pampered ex-show heifers all they want but I will take calling them and shaking a bucket over running all over hell and back trying to coral cattle any day of the week. I hope everyone else had a better memorial day then me.

ITK- I've always said it, give me my former show heifers any day for ease of working! After chasing 30 steers from our feedlot a couple of weeks ago it makes me appreciate my girls even more!  I've still got cows that haven't been shown for 8 years that I can just go up & put a halter on them in the pasture.

Red

cwfmr181

just came home for a break. i have to agree, id rather deal with show cattle any day than some of the sale barn cattle that one of my neighbors buys. helped him catch 6 heifers that he said were tame ( only took us three days to catch them, with the help of another neighbor a mile and a half away). even at that working with cattle sure beats the drunk and belligerent people I deal with every night

genes

Well  long weekend or not, I'm taking my vacation now.... :D  Going back to the farm for a couple of weeks, to visit the cows and the parents.  Just thought I'd tell you all so no one would worry I went missing.  I'll probably come back with some pictures to show.

char

WELL UP HERE IN NWO...WE HAD ABOUT AN 1" OF RAIN OVER HOLIDAY WEEKEND....PLUS OF COURSE GOT ABOUT ANOTHER 1" TODAY AND LEFT ALL THE WINDOWS OPEN WHEN I WENT TO WORK...ISN'T THAT LOVELY...NOW I GET TO DRY EVERYTHING OUT.....WE WERE GETTING PRETTY DRY UP THIS WAY......BUT DO HAVE ALL THE CROPS IN AND ARE SPRAYING AWAY AND PUTTING 28 ON....WELL OF COURSE NOT NOW SINCE IT DID RAIN....I WILL PRAY FOR RAIN FOR THE REST OF YOU THAT NEED IT....CHAR

red

See, I blame my sister-in-law for no rain. she came out Saturday to get some plants & said she shut her windows at home. We stood there & watch the storm just divide & go around us. If she had left them open it would have rained for sure!

Red

char

well it's either leave your windows open or spend all day washing them and for sure it will rain    (lol)

bluegrass

We've been trying everything around here, cutting hay, leaving windows down, washing cars, and of course prayer. Where can I learn a good rain dance?

Jill

Try Kansas, raining again, 3 1/2 inches in the last couple of days, we just can't seem to get dried out.