Where will you move to if...... (not cattle related)

Help Support Steer Planet:

harley

The Post-American World
a Muslim Perspective
The title of the book Obama was carrying onto his plane. 

Some quotes from books he's written:

From Dreams of My Father:  'I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites.'
From Dreams of My Father:  'I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race.'
From Dreams of My Father: 'There was something about him that made me wary, a little too sure of himself, maybe.  And white.'
From Dreams of My Father:  'It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.'
From Dreams of My Father:  'I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn't speak to my own. It was into my father's image, the black man, son of Africa, that I'd packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.'

And FINALLY ...
From Audacity of Hope:  'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'

Food for thought.

TJ

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
TJ- If you go, I'm coming with you...your buddy will have enough stories to keep up occupied for 20 years....I've already heard some of em ;) things get crazy in Arkansas and Texas when you're THAT delirious haha.

Don't forget about western TN & western KY... playing "name that cow", developing major advertising campaigns, & driving on some really messed up rural back roads "just because".   Oh well, after shopping at Sears & Wal Mart and after being awakened by a fire alarm, I guess stuff happens.  ;)        

Speaking of Texas... my buddy was talking about Alaska as an option, but he said that it was too cold.  He thought somewhere around the equator would be a little warmer.  Texas would be warm, but wouldn't it be overcrowded with immigrants pouring in from both the USA & Mexico?  

Jive Turkey

TJ said:
When my buddy was talking about leaving the country, he was talking about doing it as a last resort when / if things get really bad.  The truth is, it might only take a few years for things to get really bad.   Yes, this country is still a great nation, but it can go the other way very quickly & it's looking worse & worse with each upcoming generation.       

Can it get much worse than it is now?

1)  Bin Laden's still on the loose.

2)  The economy is in the tank.

3)  Unemployment is soaring.

4)  Fuel prices are high

5)  We're pouring tons of money into Iraq.

CPL

Jill said:
Agree with Red, we live in IMO the greatest country in the world and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.  Say what you want, he IS anti-christian, anti-american, anti-white and if you put an R in from of his name I still wouldn't like him and  wouldn't vote for someone who doesn't respect our flag.

Obama does respect the flag. Number 1 the video with him not crossing his heart, he had his hands held in front of him and that is a distinguished way of showing respect. Next time you are a a high school game or something and the National Anthemn is played look around, not everyone is crossing their hearts, but they are still showing respect. Number 2, if you every watch C-SPAN you know that the Senate is lead in prayer and the pledge. Obama on more than one occasion has lead the senate in the pledge. Again, I hate to act like I'm standing up for Obama, but if the GOP loses bad this year I'd hate for people to remember us as being sore losers, etc.

If Obama had an R by his name I would think they're be a mistake. He IS the most liberal in the Senate. His tax and spending plans prove it.

dutch pride

Well, I do not think that our great nation will go in the tank if Obama gets elected or will soar if McCain gets elected or vise versa. The strength of this country is in the hands of the common folk, the middle class, the heartland, the people that live on main street, or however you want to describe them. We (I consider myself in this group) can have more influence in the country than we realize, we just need to speak up and speak out. We need to tell the media types to report what we feel about things and not to promote their own agenda. We need to tell them to stop preaching gloom and doom. We need them to stop trying to find fault and blame looking for good and positive. If everyone keeps hearing it, they start to believe it. How many of us would really feel we are in a "depression" if we were not told we were?

If our great country is in so much trouble and is such a bad place to live, why do we have bad issue with illegal immigrants? Why all people still risking their lives to come here?

With all its issues and problems, Good ole USA is still the greatest nation on earth. If we heard this more often and believed it what a difference we could make in this world.

BIGTEX

1)  Bin Laden's still on the loose.We haven't been attacked on our soil since 9/11

2)  The economy is in the tank. [font=Verdana]I am making more money than I ever have, I am also paying more taxes than I ever thought I would.[/font]

3)  Unemployment is soaring. Not near as high as when Carter was President

4)  Fuel prices are high. They are coming down, $2.41 in McAllen, TX

5)  We're pouring tons of money into Iraq. See #1
[/quote]

DLD

BIGTEX said:

1)  Bin Laden's still on the loose.We haven't been attacked on our soil since 9/11

2)  The economy is in the tank. [font=Verdana]I am making more money than I ever have, I am also paying more taxes than I ever thought I would.[/font]

3)  Unemployment is soaring. Not near as high as when Carter was President

4)  Fuel prices are high. They are coming down, $2.41 in McAllen, TX

5)  We're pouring tons of money into Iraq. See #1
[/quote]

Yep.

farwest

----, our forefather's are rolling over in their graves, they wouldn't have even fought for this county if they'd known a man like this with a name like obama was going to run this country.

Jive Turkey

farwest said:
----, our forefather's are rolling over in their graves, they wouldn't have even fought for this county if they'd known a man like this with a name like obama was going to run this country.

You mean the same forefather's who wrote the Bill of Rights keeping people from suffering from religious persecution?

What you just stated screams in the face of everything this country was founded upon.

Who cares what a person's name is?

farwest

How many people on this message board would be nervous with 12 people on a plane with them after 9/11 with the name obama or similar with a darker color of skin,  sorry the name does matter,  i hope the liberals get what they deserve a year or two down the road

Jive Turkey

farwest said:
How many people on this message board would be nervous with 12 people on a plane with them after 9/11 with the name obama or similar with a darker color of skin,   sorry the name does matter,  i hope the liberals get what they deserve a year or two down the road

So basically your problem with him is b/c you are a bigot correct?

Listen, I'm a Republican also but step out of the 60's for a bit.

farwest

No, i don't think i'm a bigot and never have been referred to as one, and have never been referred to as the 60's by the people around me, i'm just telling what i think is the truth.  Did i say i do not like people with different colored skin, no, is it unfair to them to be in that situation because of what happened, yes.  i think what i said is the facts more than my opinion.

red

a recent survey reported that 6% more people would vote for Obama if he was white.
I guess it bothers me that we are still so prejudiced. My great great grandfather fought to rid the nation of slavery.
I think if we are looking into either candidates childhood we really need to look at the parents or people that guided their growth.
It will be interesting if a person w/ Latino blood or was gay ever ran. I still want to believe that all men ( and women) are created. Did God really put man on this planet to decide who is more acceptable  or superior?

Sorry for the ranting. I'm just unhappy that as a nation we're not going forward but actually regressing in our beliefs.

Red

farwest

I will say i agree 100%,  however i will repeat what i say to people when asked if i myself am prejudice.  I am as prejudice to any group or individual as they are prejudice towards me.  food for thought.

knabe

Jive Turkey said:
farwest said:

You mean the same forefather's who wrote the Bill of Rights keeping people from suffering from religious persecution?

What you just stated screams in the face of everything this country was founded upon.

Who cares what a person's name is?

regardless of whether this is politically correct or not, the founding fathers were very anti islam at the time and the inclusion of "the shores of tripoli" are in the song for a reason.  Most, if not all, the founding fathers spoke out, some fervently, regarding Islam, as Islam at the time was pirating and taking american prisoners and selling them to england as a sort of slave back to the british.  It is also true, that some founding fathers knew muslims were heavily involved in the slave trade.  

It is true, that in some muslim communities, if you are born a muslim, you are a muslim for life, just like jews, except the transference is on the paternal, rather than maternal for muslims.  if you renounce islam, you are regarded as an apostate, and therefore subject to the penalty of death.  Mr. Obama has stated repeatedly his sympathies for the black community, muslims etc in his own books.  

Islam, just like Christianity, has a dark side.  the light side of each is where i have a problem with islam, particularly submission, particularly where education is now changing textbooks in America to state and teach that Christ was a palestinian, that Christianity and Judaism made little contribution to the arts for a 1000 years.  this is in California textbooks TODAY.  you can look it up.  

for me, Islam and many of its core beliefs, are incompatible with the constitution.    why would i want to expand and give rights to a belief system that advocated submission to islam.  to me, and for a variety of reasons which i can get into, after the required outrage, islam is not a religion, and therefore  not protected by the constitution as a religion.  To me, this speech is protected by the constitution under the 1st amendment, and since liberals are welcoming of every belief system, should not be outraged by my comments.  however, I already know they are, because of reactionary outrage.

Jive Turkey

farwest said:
No, i don't think i'm a bigot and never have been referred to as one, and have never been referred to as the 60's by the people around me,

Maybe you need to re-think about the people you are hanging around if they think those comments and opinions are OK.

BIGTEX

Did you know that 98% of black people are voting for Obama! Does this make those people racist? If 98% of white people were voting for McCain what would people say?
I don't like Obama because of his polotics. End of story.

showsteerdlux

red said:
a recent survey reported that 6% more people would vote for Obama if he was white.
I guess it bothers me that we are still so prejudiced. My great great grandfather fought to rid the nation of slavery.
I think if we are looking into either candidates childhood we really need to look at the parents or people that guided their growth.
It will be interesting if a person w/ Latino blood or was gay ever ran. I still want to believe that all men ( and women) are created. Did God really put man on this planet to decide who is more acceptable  or superior?

Sorry for the ranting. I'm just unhappy that as a nation we're not going forward but actually regressing in our beliefs.

Red
I am from the south, have family that fought to keep the south separate from the union, and I'm probably the least racist person on this board. Here is one thing I have noticed in my 17 years of life though. Everyone blames white people for racism, everywhere I go I see more prevalence of racism among other people than with whites. I truly believe that the responsibility needs to be put out there equally. Just go listen to rap music for instance, its perfectly ok for blacks to call each by the "n" word, but as soon as a white person says it foul is called. Now when a black comments on whites that we generally call white trash here in the south, nothing is said. Anyone seeing a pattern here???? The point of this is that the ones calling foul need to examine there lifestyles before they start on the rant about white racism and supremacy.

mooch

Both canidates and both parties are far more left of center than when say Reagan was elected.Republicans fron the 50's and 60's would not recognize their party today.NOTHING is going to change wildly regardless of who is elected in this election.As far as the senate and house races, they seem to be the status quo also  the elderly,who is who really votes , are afraid to change because of what may happen to soc.security and medi care so they vote to stay the course and not rock the boat.

Latest posts