Which Level of Sports Do You Prefer to Watch?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Which Level of Sports Do You Prefer to Watch?

• Professional

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Collegiate

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • High School/Lower

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

deep

Adam (Pacman) Jones, corner for the Titans, has been suspended for the 2007 season.  He left college early and became a millionaire and obviously could not handle money and youth at the same time.  He's had a lot of off-field problems with behavior.  Word is now he's going to go back to college at W. Va for the 07 season.  Such a shame he can't act right.  He's a very gifted athelete.

(dog)

DL

genes said:
It really depends.  Hockey...I'm very into the pros (*sings "playoffs playoffs playoffs" happily to herself*), and it's the best for TV, but I will happily watch any game that comes to a TV, and going to games live is great for just about any level.

OK so if you didn't figure it out from the hockey answer, I'm Canadian, and that sort of affects my answers for the rest of the sports.    I didn't have cable growing up and so didn't get the American sports on TV .  Therefore, I don't "get" the NFL very well, and prefer my CFL.  I like live football games too, the exception being my University....we are so terrible I'm pretty sure most of your high school teams could beat them (but hey, our academic reputation is second to none ;)).  Can't stand pro basketball, because the world revolves around one or two stars per team, and there's no defense.  Much prefer college.  Maybe I'll start watching baseball when I get digital TV and can fast forward through the sloooowwwness of it.  Also, even though I've only seen a couple of games in my life, Rugby is actually one of the most fun and exciting things to watch...the action never stops.  I'd like to learn to play.

Hey Genes - BFLO is right across the pond so we were a big hockey town too - in fact I even drove the Zamboni one winter at the rec center I worked at! Deep you can catch the playoffs today - who knows you could become a hockey fan - look wht happened to Red! Her hubbie actually turned on a game on purpose! Go Sabres! DL

red

For all the Nascar Fans! a new proto-type of car.

Attachments

• Nascow.jpg
    Nascow.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 214

austin

deep said:
I'm a Titans fan.  I live close to Nashville.
I also love the Cowboys.  I really like former Coach Parcells.  and I love to watch T.O. play !!
I like the Falcons, Mike Vick is fun to watch.
I like Baltimore too cause several former Titans are there now, including Steve McNair.
I like Dungy and Manning with the Colts.
So I have so many favorites !!!  But always root for the Titans first !!!

Now I REALLY wish there was a game today !!!  My withdrawals are getting to me again !!! ;) (dog)
They've got some good things going for them. Vince Young, etc. I'd want out for the titans this year.
I'm a huge chief fan; I still remember that game a few years ago when Drew Bennett set receiving records.    :p 
The chiefs are improving, but we've got a some wholes that need fresh players.

deep

Titans lost Drew Bennett a few weeks ago.  He went to the Rams.  That was a stupid thing for Titans to let him get away.  Titans just keep letting good players go.  They must think Vince Young can win all by himself !!!  Makes me so mad !!!

(dog)

austin

deep said:
Titans lost Drew Bennett a few weeks ago.  He went to the Rams.  That was a stupid thing for Titans to let him get away.  Titans just keep letting good players go.  They must think Vince Young can win all by himself !!!  Makes me so mad !!!

(dog)
Yeah, I heard. It's funny; during the draft when you guys got pacman, i wanted the chiefs to draft him. no offense but glad we didn't! i'd take Young in a heartbeat. We have some qb issues.

deep

Heard Jake Plummer is going to hang it up.  I liked him and thought Denver did him bad.  They were winning when they took him out and put Cutler in.  I like Cutler fine, just thought that whole deal was rushed.  Another QB that needs a home is David Carr.  He wasn't bad, just didn't have anything much to defend him.  I like Vince Young alot and glad we got him.  He was my first choice.  I really wish Pacman would settle down.  He is such a great ball player.  Heard a few minutes ago that he's appealing his suspension, but that's kinda stupid cause the commish isn't going to go against his own decision.  Duh.

(dog)

austin

deep said:
Heard Jake Plummer is going to hang it up.  I liked him and thought Denver did him bad.  They were winning when they took him out and put Cutler in.  I like Cutler fine, just thought that whole deal was rushed.  Another QB that needs a home is David Carr.  He wasn't bad, just didn't have anything much to defend him.  I like Vince Young alot and glad we got him.  He was my first choice.  I really wish Pacman would settle down.  He is such a great ball player.  Heard a few minutes ago that he's appealing his suspension, but that's kinda stupid cause the commish isn't going to go against his own decision.  Duh.

(dog)
Yeah, but if you know Kansas City, they don't like the broncos very much and would NOT want Plummer. He played his last game v. KC when we beat him on thanksgiving( was there). We've got a young guy in brodie croyle from Alabama and a veteren in Damon Huard. Trent Green is supposed to be traded to either miami, cleveland, detroit, or oakland in the next few weeks, but it might not happen...We've got a player just like Pacman. Jared Allen. Big time DE, but has had 3 dui's and is suspended the first 4 games. I think the new commish is doing a good job. 

red

I imagine Deep is in 7th heaven! Being able to talk but football & cattle! we ever get the dogs thown in here too!

Red (clapping) (welcome)

deep

You're right on Red !!!  Football, cattle and dogs.  Add a little politics and religion too.  I'm not bashful !!! 

(dog)

austin

deep said:
You're right on Red !!!  Football, cattle and dogs.  Add a little politics and religion too.  I'm not bashful !!!   

(dog)

Then you're right on with me!  (clapping)

deep

Hee-Hee        (clapping)

(dog)