Which tractor series

Help Support Steer Planet:

RAH

opinions between hew hollands 5000 series line and john deere 6030 series line

showsteerdlux

John Deere's will outlast NH's and outperform for the life of the tractor. The man I manage cattle for is a John Deere dealer and we got a NH on trade, the difference between the 2 is amazing. Yes the Green will cost more upfront, but in the end they pay for themselves ten times over. Everyone I talk to consistently say that parts are alot easier to get with Deere and that the service is always consistent-Deere has a mechanics program where they send them out to the plants and they graduate from a  program so they know everything about the machines.

BAILEYFARMS

I am a thrid generation deere man but do to lack of service and equipment problems are buying a New holand round baler. It is 24 miles to the closest NH dealer and 1 mile to the deere dealer thats how bad it gotten.

steel

Now wait john deere isn't the only one who send the techs to school.  I was a new holland tech for 5 years and i went to school 4 times a year.  I went from everything from baler school for tj school.  I have a TM175 that is a good tractor.  I also have 2550 deer that is a good tractor.  Light years apart just buy engineering stand point.  Around where i live service isn't the issue because parts are easy to get either way.  The deere is going to be a smoother tractor to use because of the hydraulic system and the reverser.  I personal would buy the deere if it were me.  Resale is alot better.  Don't count out the new Holland the they honestly aren't as far behind as what people think.

racekannon

Advantages to the Deere are they are very comfy.  user friendly, best parts availability, and high resell value.  Disadvantages are more expensive and the new ones drink like a sailor.  I roll hay alot with a neighbor he just traded his 6430 for a NH went from 6 gals an hour to 3.5 to 4 gals an hour with the tier 3 cummins.  I have a older 6420 and it sips fuel compared to my new 5603 pulling 20 ft and 15 ft batwings respectively.  I am looking at trading the 5603 for a 5095M, they are going to let me demo one come hay season and see fuel consumpsion both pulling 11 1/2 foot mocos. The 5095M will be more comfortable for the wife and easier for Junior to operate I always get stuck in the 5603 and they take the 6420.  I only average 500 hours a year per tractor and at 3 dollar fuel it is still something to consider.  All being said I will always drive green and remember the day I bought my first 2755 and feel in love, Dad had blue pint.

Bubba

We have a new 6430 witha cab and a 673 loader.  We have an older 6400 with no cab and i think a 640 loader. Both tractors have a QR transmission.  The are way different.  For just doing chores everyday, I would choose the 6400 everytime.  To me it is a smoother than the 6430.  the 6430 has much computer crap in the transmission that i just hate operating it.  It also seems to idle way too high for me.  I am a john deere fan, but I think that John Deere some problems to fixed before I about buying another new one.  I would deffinitely go trade the 6430 in for an older style tractor.